That skill in three words is simply, “how to sell”, simply put, “sales is life and life is sales”. One huge problem we have in life is people compartmentalize everything. I.E. “Sales is something sales people do, and I am not a sales person, so I don’t need to worry about it.”
My one word response to this is………BULLSHIT.
Have you ever asked anyone out on a date? Did you ever interview to get into a school? Did you ever try out for a team? Have you ever interviewed for a job? Did you as a child ever convince your parents to buy you a toy?
Well, sales, sales, sales and sales are what the above items are.
The single most valuable thing I can teach you about sales is what I call an absolute definition of it. An absolute definition means a simple statement that requires no further explanation and works all the time, every time. My absolute definition of sales is “a transfer of belief” and lets put it to test with the above questions.
- Getting a date – you transfer the belief that I am worth spending time with.
- Getting into school – you transfer the belief that I will be a good student.
- Getting on a team – you transfer the belief that I will be a good player.
- Getting a job – you transfer the belief that I will be a good employee.
- Getting a child’s toy – you transfer the belief that the toy is worth buying for some reason.
Do you see how simple that really is? The truth is all of use are natural born sales people, we have something I started calling an “inner salesman” a long time ago. Sadly for most of us, it is literally beaten out of us by the time we most need it. Today I am going to put you back in touch with your old friend and tell you how he/she can help you build a better life.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Why we are all born knowing how to sell
- How this basic human ability is suppressed and beaten out of us
- Why this is the number one reason I say people “hate money”
- Why everyone needs to ABC (always be celling) all the time
- Understand that every time you engage in a debate you are selling
- The most basic of all sales formulas and how it works – the C.A.S.H. method
- Create at problem
- Agitate the problem
- Solve the problem/problems
- Help the prospect obtain the solution
- Don’t be afraid to let them do all the work for you
- The best way to get to a yes is to make it easy to say no
- Never leave money (aka opportunity) on the table
- Promise only what you can deliver
- Close all the loops yourself
- Ask for what you want, then shut up
- My keys to success
- Spend 80% of your time on the best prospects
- Spend 20% of your time finding more prospects
- Take as little of the prospects time as you can
- Tell your prospect why you chose them
- Be direct about why you are contacting them
- Make it clear (nicely) that you don’t need them
- Know your cycle and stick to it
- It is all back to transfer of belief, and you can’t transfer what you don’t have
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Biltong for Breakfast
- On this Day in 1935 FDR Signs the Social Security Act
- Do Anything You Want to Do – Eddie and the Hotrods
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.