Hey guys and gals it has been quite a while since I have done any public appearances. This year we have at least two planned. I will be at PorcFest in New Hampshire this summer, but you don’t have to wait that long nor travel to the Northeast if you live in the south like I do. On Feb. 15 and 16 I will be at the Mother Earth News Fair in Belton Texas, just north of the Austin area.
I will be speaking both days…
- On the 15th I will be speaking on growing indoors with hydroponics, starting seeds with hydro and more
- On the 16th I will be speaking about container gardens and wicking beds
Of course I won’t just be showing you how to build systems, I will be providing specific plant variety recommendations, techniques, tactics and more. Like using layer based planting in even relatively small container gardens or scheduled succession planting in the new indoor home scale vertical farm I am building.
Hey and since Belton is only a couple hours south of me, I am bringing my new vertical farm to Belton with me! Yes in addition to speaking I will have a booth and my new farm will be in the booth so you can see it, touch it and fully understand how it works. This system will produce a continuous flow of food in your home, year round. It will do with with a combination of some cut and come again harvest along with the ability to fully harvest 14 mature plants a week, and never run out, all with a work load of 5 minutes a day and 15 minutes one day a week.
No pests, no weather concerns, no nasty chemicals, just a system that pays for itself in 6 months and then gives you over 100 dollars in produce a month for about an 2 hours of effort. Most of that effort is harvesting the food you want to eat that day, by the way.
Want more? Okay it won’t just be me of course, Mother Earth News Fairs are amazing. There are dozens of vendors and speakers and tons of things to learn about. Here are some other speakers you can hear and meet….
- Gary Collins – Well known member of our expert council.
- Howard Garrett – You know the guy I am always talking about who is behind the awesome “Garrett Juice” in my fertility program.
- Nick Burtner – Good friend of the TSP community and recurrent guest on TSP, graduate of Geoff Lawton’s Internship program.
- Tradd Cotter – Prior TSP Guest who knows more about mushrooms than you can imagine.
- John Moody – Been on our show many times, huge advocate for the Rogue Food Movement and Freedom in Farming
- Jereme Zimmerman – Amazing brewer and two time TSP guest
- Tons More!
I mean where else can you meet this many cool people, hang out with members of the TSP audience and community and learn about so many awesome topics? So come on out to Belton and meet me and some other amazing folks. Of course we will figure out some sort of TSP Get Together there as well. Tickets start at only 20 bucks with lots of options, so sign up today and lets have a great weekend together in Belton!