Marc Hallee is a practitioner of wilderness skills, martial arts instructor, Girl Scout Leader and recently published his first article in Self Reliance Illustrated Magazine. He is also husband and father of 3.
Recently Marc and his family experienced the disaster of a house fire in Feb 2011, and he joins us today to inform TSP listeners on what to avoid and how to protect their property and items during the rebuild process.
To sum it up, they had the house fire, they were then robbed and vandalized the first night by the builders boarding up the house. Just about all dry cleaned items were destroyed by the cleaning process, the ServiceMaster company lost many items and stole even more.
On the other end of the scale they found out who there true friends were and how great some people can be in a time of need. Today he will tell us about his experiences and go over a checklist he has been working on to help others be better prepared for fires and other home destroying disasters. His checklist and further resources can be found at SurviveTheFire.com
Join us Today as we Discuss…
- Preps to make before a fire to be prepared if one occurs
- Why you should never leave workers unsupervised in the clean up process
- Who you can turn to for assistance in after a house fire
- Several things you should never do after a home is lost to a fire
- The good, bad and ugly of dealing with insurance companies
- The importance of post and pre disaster record keeping
- Finding a temporary residence during the rebuilding process
- Helping children cope during a period of loss
- Why you will never really be prepared for such a loss
- Protecting data, valuables, cash and cash equivalents
- The importance of a fire safe
- Keeping some items and possessions off site
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Back Yard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- Fortress Self Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- Win Free Ammo from Bulk Ammo
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.