Today’s podcast covers the advantages and different aspects of making a move from urban or suburb life out into the country or even the wilderness. Join is as we discuss the advantages, methods and resources to get the move made.
Oh and of course I have some thought about Paris Hilton’s Energy Policy video – just where have we heard that “outstanding plan” before, could the vaulted Hilton Plan actually be McCain’s plan? Tune in today to hear about…
- The importance of research and being ready when the opportunity presents itself (because it will)
- How to find the right land for self sufficiency
- How to use real estate search tools together to get better results
- How we found our perfect place
- The advantages and disadvantages of off grid living
- Choosing between a mobile home or a site built home
- Using direct 12 VDC solar for lighting and other needs while relying on the grid for Climate Control, etc.
- The need to do some real visiting to an area before you buy
- Avoiding traps with tax increases and PMI costs
- The perfect distance for maintaining two properties while you prepare to make the move
- Go now or go later, which one is right for you
- The value of a really good real estate agent
- Finding land that borders government or public lands
- Considering both sides of the “restrictions sword”
- Getting full costs of property and development before you buy
- Hiring a neighbor to watch your place if you buy a “second home”
- The real advantages of a long term moving plan
Remember to join in and comment with your thoughts, questions and ideas. Also make sure to enter our listener appreciation contest and help us spread the word about The Survival Podcast and grow to our first 1000 listeners.
Resources for this Podcast
Finding and Buying Land
On the Paris Hilton Energy Policy – Just for Fun!