Bobbie Parr, a community developer in Wabigoon, Ontario, transitioned from leading a Recreation Therapy department to building a resilient local food network. Amidst COVID-19 and maternity leave, Bobbie shifted her focus, recognizing the challenges in long-term care and the need for greater food security. With her husband and two kids, she has developed a local food business, a community production kitchen, and a food co-op, all while homeschooling her children.
Her homestead lifestyle, mirroring her husband David’s childhood, emphasizes seasonal living, self-sufficiency, and a connection with nature. Their land provides an abundance of game, fish, berries, and wild mushrooms, supporting a lifestyle that combines traditional homesteading with modern entrepreneurship. Bobbie’s efforts have led to the launch of a smoked salts product line and ongoing initiatives to enhance community resilience and food independence.
Resources for today’s show…
- Find Me on Nostr
- Follow Me on Tik-Tok
- Article Explaining the GrowNostr Initiative
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- Join the MSB Here
- Above Phone
- Bulk Ammo
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- Shop the Amazon Renewed Store – Don’t Hate Money
- End Grain Wood Bamboo Cutting Board – Item of the Day
- Parr’s Jarrs – Bobbie’s Website
- Lightning – firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Version of Today’s Show
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.