Episode-2315- Why Lifestyle Design is For Everyone
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (0.0KB)
Today we discuss the concept of lifestyle design, which has been a core piece of TSP since the very first days of our journey. Many credit author and entrepreneur Tim Ferris with this concept. I love Tim and have followed his work for years. There is no doubt that he is a big part of the movement today, but he simply made people aware of the concept. The concept itself is as old as civilization.
There have always been people who have lived differently then others, more disciplined and with a plan for their life. For instance the 1926 classic “The Richest Man in Babylon” is form of lifestyle design focused on specifically financial aspects of your life. That said when one institutes financial discipline, they end up doing well designing the rest of their lives as well. As Dave Ramsey says, “people that win with money, win at life”. I don’t 100% agree with Dave but he has that one nailed down tight.
Today we Take a Look at How Lifestyle Design Leads to Personal Liberty…
- How can people best understand what lifestyle design is all about
- Why I say that your life is being designed, the question is only by whom
- What role does lifestyle design play in the world of preparedness
- Do you have to be an entrepreneur to practice lifestyle design
- So what role does entrepreneurship and side hustle play in lifestyle design
- Why you have to design in recreation and family time, etc.
- How your view of “retirement” changes when you practice lifestyle design
- How can you get children thinking about life style design when they are still young
- Are goals more important than plans or is it the other way around, or are they equal
- How do we program our “mental computer” and why is it so important to understand that
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- On this Day in 1983 – USMC Barracks in Beirut were Blown Up
- Walking To Freedom
- Find Your TSP Facebook Group for Your State
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Love Like Crazy – Lee Brice
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Jack, 2313,14,15 posts are miss-numbered 2313 is posted twice