Today we are not really going to talk about CoVid-2019 directly but more what it has exposed as weaknesses in the United States, what we should learn from it, why we likely will not and what that means you should do. Hint on the last one, what you should do is mostly what I have said you should be doing for about 12 years now.
The truth about CoVid-2019 is that it is not nothing but it is nothing like what it is being made out to be. It is a respiratory virus and every year we have many such viruses that people get and are never even named. CoVid-2019 is already showing signs of obeying Farr’s Law and going into decline across the entire northern hemisphere.
Farr’s law was first formulated in 1840 by William Farr, one of the founders of modern epidemiology. It has since been ignored in every epidemic hysteria since, the law states that epidemics tend to rise and fall in a roughly symmetrical pattern or bell-shaped curve. AIDS, SARS, Ebola — they all followed that pattern. So does seasonal flu each year.
Like I said though this isn’t really about CoVid-2019 but rather the weaknesses it exposes. What concerns me most about the current situation is what a truly serious, high mortality pandemic would look like. Again this does not mean CoVid-2019 is a “nothing burger” rather that is is not as dangerous as claimed, so what is going to happen when something more dangerous then this is claimed to be, inevitability happens?
Lessons and Corrective Action from CoVid-2019
- Quote of the Day – “Emergencies’ have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded”. ~ F.A. Hayek
- The government is mostly unprepared for a disaster, how we could change that but why we won’t
- The American people are completely unprepared for a disaster, why that won’t change but why you should
- American corporations are mostly unprepared for a disaster why they may very well change that
- Yes the media is hyping this because they hate Trump and because they hype everything anyway
- Why I predict the current crisis will be relatively short and why that is bad in some ways
- Some opportunities that are coming from this
- Continuity of operations planning for corporations
- For every loser there is something on sale at a discount
- The very nature of this crisis means we know it will end
- Some real concerns I have of this crisis not going to waste
- I don’t think you will see a CoVid Vaccine rather a CoVid-Flu vaccine
- More gas on the fire for the war on cash
- More validation for government to have more “emergency power”
- The temptation to establish a “new normal” just like after 911
- The cry wolf response if we have something worse in the future
- The loss of many small businesses during even a relatively short disruption
- A perfect set up for a take over of socialism in the US
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Fortunate Son – CCR
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.