Lane Douglas graduated from UT-Martin in 1975 with an Engineering degree. After a few years as an engineer, he began working in Industrial Sales. He retired in 2011, after 32 years in sales management, the last 12 as Regional Sales Operations Director for MSC Industrial Supply.
He opened Southern Silencers, LLC in 2014, a NFA Class 3, silencer business, selling silencers in the State of Tennessee. His company provides suppressors and nothing else. They are 100% customer focused and will work hard to help their customers make the right choice for their needs.
They also provide all the information you need to complete the necessary ATF paperwork for owning a suppressor and will even complete as much of the paper work for you as the law will allow, to help you make sure you get it done properly.
Join Lane and I Today as we Answer Questions Like…
- Are silencers legal?
- Do I need a permit or a license?
- How effective are they?
- How do silencers work?
- Why is subsonic ammunition better?
- Which caliber is the quietest?
- How much paperwork is required?
- How long does it take to complete the paperwork?
- What is the cost of the paperwork?
- What is an NFA Gun Trust?
- What are the advantages of ownership through an NFA Gun Trust?
- How do I clean the silencer?
- Can I hunt with the silencer?
- Do those oil filter things I see at gun shows work?
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1598
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Duck Chronicles – Video Series
- Safecastle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
- Bulk Ammo – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.