Stay home and save lives! It is the creed we are all supposed to follow. Apparently if I go out and walk by myself in the woods at a local park, what I am doing is akin to shooting an old person in the face. According to Governor Gretchen “MeMaw” Whitmer I guess all of Texas is killing people because you can buy seeds and a garden hose when you are at Walmart which is already open and full of people anyway?
My problem with the lock down strategy is it is ignoring facts in preference to catch phrases, something I have long said is dangerous to Americans. We have kids with 200K in debt for a degree who are serving up Lattes at Starbucks due to phrases like, “every child should go to college” and a belief that any object to it is inherently evil. Worse if I even ask a question as to its validity it means I want to deny an education to minorities and transgendered Asian or some such shit.
You know what though at least college is voluntary and no one makes you take a loan for a degree in gender studies. Lock downs are mandatory and they are train wrecking the global economy in ways we can’t even imagine yet. For now we can turn everything back on and get back to a reasonable outlook in say a year, yes it will take that long. How much longer though can we behave this way and expect to not create a global depression?
Yea I said depression! Keep this shit up for too long and you will be longing for the good old days of the Great Recession of the 2000s or the stagflation of the 70s. It does not have to be this way and it seems that enough people are willing to get back to work to head it off, but man the objections and screeching that “millions will die” are being set off like warning sirens for a tornadic storm. Is there any evidence supporting this claim though? No, not really. There are plenty of opinions and many by “experts” but asking an expert for evidence supporting an opinion is not a sin. Presenting evidence contrary to said opinions is also not a sin.
Is there evidence though that say, social distancing, facial coverings, no large gatherings and protecting the vulnerable are just as effective or close to it anyway as full lock downs in controlling spread of CoVid? Yes and the evidence for this is increasing consistently. Over 6 weeks ago I said in a Facebook post, “the postmortem on this over reaction will be ugly, how ugly is the only question to ask, not if but how bad will it be”. We are not ready for a full postmortem yet, but we can begin to see the answer to my question is likely to be, very, very ugly. How much damage are we doing and for how little gain?
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- A man has presented math that says lock downs don’t work, he has gotten a lot of hate for it, but no logical rebuttals – link
- How bad is the economic damage and how long before it “overloads the hospitals”
- Why are we closing meat processing facilities instead of handling them like hospitals
- What would an effective social distancing/containment policy look like
- How one Dallas hair salon says they are opening prior to approval and why it is a good model
- How big is the denominator, why the spin is now that is a problem and why the spin is mostly wrong
- Why I really shudder when I hear “muh second deadlier wave this winter, get your flu shot”
- What you should be doing for yourself right now in the middle of all this shit
- What you should do for yourself as your state starts opening back up
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- There is no empirical evidence for these lockdowns
- Brass in Pocket – The Pretenders
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.