I don’t talk about it much but I am told oh 20 times a month on average things like,
- I am doing it wrong (as in this show)
- Someone is going to contact my sponsors to tell them I am offensive
- If I continue to do things this way it will be “the end of TSP”
- I need to think like Reagan and build a “bigger tent”
- Get this one, “I have a public responsibility to make TSP more listener friendly”
- Oh and it just goes on and on and on and on
The real irony is when some dip shit gets offended, tells me off and I tell them to go screw and they say something like, “wow what happened to you, this isn’t like you”. I am very tempted to ask these people what the hell they are smoking and could I please have some.
Take a look at our disclaimers and policies page, the current version of this page was published on 1-1-11, hey I like numeric patterns. One of the most recent pathetic mental breakdowns was from Episode 2223, where I used the “F word” about a dozen or so times to drive home the point about how schools are creating these school shootings and the fact that 5,000 youths a year kill themselves and over 30,000 attempt suicide. Now pardon my view but if there was ever a place for the F word, that is it!
That said I generally don’t use that word on the air, so when I did I did the following…
- Marked the episode explicit
- Announced on air that it was coming and to skip ahead if you didn’t want to hear it
Now keep in mind in my disclaimers it says among other things, the following and has since January of 2011, which is seven years ago!
“We believe in freedom here, if you choose to listen to our show you do so as a free human being on planet earth and therefore we are not responsible for any “mental anguish”, “mental trauma”, “feeling of being offended” or any other emotional problems that you get from doing so.”
I have to say that is about as honest and clear cut as it can be! The beauty though of always being yourself is when such assclowns attempt to harm you, all they can really do is build you up, and that is the magic of building honest personal brand. The key word there is honest! Anyway since I am going to be gone until the 25th on vacation after today I thought may be we could have a fun show and one that can change your life if you choose to act on it.
Join In Today to Hear…
- The two recent incidents that inspired today’s show
- The reason I even use “vulgar words” on the air
- I am not saying to be like me, or anyone else
- Understanding what a niche is today vs. in say 1990
- Why the last thing on want today is a “bigger tent”
- The 1,000 true fans model is for everyone
- The difference between true fans and “fanboys”
- The harsh reality, time not money is the most valuable online commidity
- Here is everything you really need to know about business
- There are only two types of products
- All products are one of three things for customers
- Profit Yielding
- Life Changing
- When you have all three it is the Golden Trifecta
- Everything you need to know about marketing in two phrases
- Marketing is telling your story
- Effective marketing is getting other to tell your story
- Everything you need to know about sales
- Make it easy to buy from you
- You are selling more than products and services
- You are always selling, whether you think so or not
- There are only two types of products
- In the end, there has never been a better time or one with more opportunity than today
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 139
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Unhappy Customers Make Him Happy and Rich – NY Times Article about John Willis
- High Hopes – Song Facts
- High Hopes – Pink Floyd
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.