So today due to an interview where the guest flaked out on me for the last time I am willing to tolerate I have to do a stand alone show. For some inspiration I jumped on the TSP Zello Channel and the first topic was “homestead project management”.
What followed was about 45 minutes of people discussing pain points, how they get past them, where they get held up etc. I think it is amazing that I can go to the Zello group and get such quick, interactive and relevant feedback to what the community wants to hear about next, along with concrete suggestions to make it happen.
If you have not yet gotten on Zello, give it a shot. The TSP Zello Group is one amazing community.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- My basic order of priority
- #1 Priority – something will die if I don’t get it done
- #2 Priority – it will cost me a lot of money or time set back
- #3 Priority – critical to long term success of the whole
- #4 Priority – something we really want
- #5 Priority – something that will be nice to have
- #1A Priority – something the wife wants after tolerating too much of the above!
- The biggest problems with effective project management
- Underestimation of time/money required use the 1.5 factor
- Poor priority – wants before needs
- Failure to hire or ask for help
- Other things that break and must be repaired
- Fear that you will do it wrong or not good enough
- Perfect being the enemy of the good
- Failure to recognize and accept type one errors
- Solving the issues and getting things done
- Hire to your weaknesses
- Hire for the easy but time consuming
- Finish every project before starting the next (unless life/money will be lost)
- Develop a project list, manage by priority – time – money (use Excel)
- Schedule fun/date/rest time as well, you need it
- Develop monastic patience along with military mission thinking
- Accept limitations but adapt around them
- Always temper the want need ratio to the needs
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1537
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Backwoods Home – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.