This show is a must listen. I don’t care if you will never home school, don’t have kids, will never have kids, already home school. It does not matter this is one of 8 specific mega trends that are about to dramatically impact the US economic system and put us into a flux no living person has any reference point for.
Trust me when I tell you that term tsunami is not an over reach. Yes I know you know a lot of people who can’t wait to send their kids back to school. I know many of you also are going to send them back, some of you want to, some of you feel you can’t do otherwise. I want to say upfront today, nothign I say is meant to insult, attack or put down anyone for what they choose to do about education.
There will be three main parts of today’s show though…
- Part One – Why you know it is happening and it will only grow from here
- Part Two – The reasons you really should be part of it, if there is anyway you can
- Part Three – The massive economic fallout that this is going to cause if even 5% do it
Just consider this, there are about 55 million students in the US in secondary and primary education in the US. And almost every parent just got to “test drive” home education for the first time. If 10% of those families switch it is an exodus of about 5.5 million students from an already declining system.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Why this is a modern survival topic
- It may be a cliche but children are the future
- The economic impact alone is huge
- This is a mega trend with far reaching implications
- This is happening, the only question is how much and how fast
- Why you know it is happening and will only grow from here
- The direct feedback I have received already is pretty massive
- I have already been notified of some schools closing permanently
- In the past decade student population grew by 2% and homeschool grew by 25%
- Never discount the power of a “test drive”
- Most kids have now been home for almost 6 months, what ever you needed to do you have done it
- The reasons you really should be part of it, if there is anyway you can
- The reopening guidance is flatly child abuse, it is also impractical
- The majority of students moving away will come from the top 25% of students by performance, income and parental involvement
- Government schools are already using home school curriculum, lessons and materials
- Home schoolers have no problem getting into college and do better at finishing it
- No one size fits all system can do as well as you at educating your children
- Teaching is really “guiding learning” which can’t be done in a conventional classroom
- Your child deserves freedom
- The system is going to continue to get worse and that will accelerate from here
- You only think this limits you but it frees you as well, embrace total freedom
- The massive economic fallout that this is going to cause if even 5% do it
- It will accelerate migration
- It will dilute the tax bases of many cities and counties
- As many as 1/3rd of teachers will be laid off by 2024, most will have terrible job prospects
- Many others employed in the system will be cut, administrators, facilities people, mechanics, etc.
- This will have trickle down economic effects for all businesses where it happens
- Please consider that this sector is a 640 billion dollar market, more than a half a trillion dollars is at stake
- This is a good thing but the addict is about to loose access to his drugs, withdrawal is gonna suck
- Things to ask yourself
- Why are republicans so in a rush to send your kids back to the failing liberal run school system?
- Have you ever asked a teacher what was wrong with the system then asked why they don’t try to change it?
- If you don’t think you can do this, are you sure you can’t or are you letting fear control you?
- Are you stuck in cognitive dissonance? (a story of my wife and her conversation with Sue Laprise)
- Do you really think you will be alone in this, because you will only be alone if you choose to be?
- Do you fear social interaction and have you really thought about that?
- What is more important than your child, their freedom, their ability to learn and their ability to choose?
- Do you really think you can’t do better than the state’s monopoly driven system?
- If the average home schooler can complete there work in 2.5 hours, what do they do with your kids for the other six hours and why do they come home with home work?
- Some things I also expect to happen
- One spouse incomes due to job loss due to greater economic issues
- Many will finally do the math and see a low income job is often a net loss
- Many affluent families home school, scholarships of various kinds will abound very soon
- More options will be created let me tell you about Acellus Academy
- Co-ops will explode
- The system will feed on itself and become a black hole for the government system
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Acellus Academy
- The Glenn Campbell Documentary – I’ll Be Me
- Remembering – Ashley Campbell
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.