Great Gift Ideas From TspAz.com
Okay so you waited until the last minute right? Now you are scrambling for gifts and dreading going to the store will all those people. So rather than an item of the day today I thought I would go back over all our write ups this year and point out 10 of the very best items to consider for your holiday shopping.
- The Kingbo 45 Watt Plant Light – Yea I know it is the depths of winter but it will soon be time for starting plants for spring or may be an indoor growing project. Guess what folks over the last 2 years, these Kingbo Lights have been the number one selling item on TSPAZ! There is a reason and now they have been dropped down to only 27 bucks. They are not the best light in the world but they are one of the best values there is. If not people would not buy them and come back and keep buying more of them.
- The Gerber EAB Lite – one of the ultimate EDC tools and stocking stuffers in one, currently on sale for under 8 bucks! And hey note that while the Kingbo light above is the number one selling item for the last two years, this one is a very close second and it is the number one selling item on TSPAZ of all time.
- Gerber Dime Multi- Tool – Under 16 bucks, and belongs on every key chain.
- Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpeners – Any person who loves knives but wants sharpening to be easy will love this.
- Anker Astro E7 26800mAh Portable Charger – This is the most high capacity and reliable back up charger I can find. Anyone who has electronic devices will love it, and who doesn’t have electronic devices.
- The Bug-A-Salt Insect Eradication Gun – Guaranteed to bring out the inner child of any adult, real kids love it too.
- Magnet Tool Holding Arm Band – All DIY and Handyman Types will love this thing. Only 16 bucks for two of them. So you can give the both to one person, or split them between two handy types, just sayin. Having one of these is like having a third hand on a project.
- Lodge Carbon Steel Skillets – One of the best pieces of cookware I own, any cook is going to love it. I pretty much now cook almost 100% with carbon steel, even my vintage cast iron is getting jealous of it. There is a reason. Light weight, heats fast, holds heat, becomes completely non stick, lasts forever.
- Winchester 51 Piece Gunsmith Screwdriver Set – Gunsmith or simply for driver bits I know of no better value on the market than this one.
- German Style Fermentation Crock – If you have a person in your life that likes fermented veggies, I can’t imagine a better practical gift that will also thrill them.
Remember you can always find all of our reviews at TspAz.com Also make sure to simply check out all of Amazon’s Last Minute Deals of the Day, they get pretty aggressive right about this time of the year.
P.S. – So hey what do you do if you put off buying a gift for a special someone and now it won’t arrive before Christmas. Oh it is so easy, here you go…..
Step One – Order your item!
Step Two – Print out a picture of it
Step Three – Put the picture in a box and wrap it up
Step Four – Give it to your loved one and blame the post office for it being late, they will be happy to accept the excuse, I mean after all it is Christmas.
The bug-a-salt is a blast.
It’ll handle everything from large horseflies to mosquitoes.
I’m looking closely at some higher-end knives, and everything I know I learned here. Back in July someone mentioned the Tojiro knives to compare with the Shun premier. Has anyone else been able to compare the two yet?
All I can say is I own two Shun’s I love the both. From what I have read the Tojiro knives are great and you can’t go wrong with them either. Honestly in choosing between the two I think you should do what your instinct tells you and you are going to be happy either way. There is a level of performance you get from a knife where you are either not going to do any better OR you are going to have to go to a knife made by a master craftsmen to do better and you have reached the limit to what to expect from a production knife. I think the real difference once you get to that level is marketing.
Personally I think both will preform great.
Your choice to me is, the Tojiro costs less, the Shun to me anyway looks better, a lot better, it is flatly beautiful. I think the Tojiro is over done with the Japanese letters, etc. but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Good stuff, Jack. Thanks!
I can’t argue w any of these. However, the Gerber
Eab lite may be the best knife I’ve ever owned. It
does all the crap work and u change the blade
and it keeps going. I’ve lost a few and have given
at least a dozen as gifts. I have two working now
, and two backups in their packages waiting to
come into play or get gift wrapped. With the exception
of the Mora this is the most useful knife ever. Buy 10
Just mirroring this… I bought one on Jack’s recommendation, and it is my most used knife. It is neat looking, always sharp (b/c replaceable blades), and is SO incredibly small that it is perfect for any situation.
Jack, I need to replace an old burned out gas BBQ. Need something suitable for a small family (me my wife and two boys under 6). I have the Webber charcoal kettle (with smokinator) you recommend but unless I just missed it I don’t think I’ve seen you recommend a gas BBQ. Any thoughts? Thanks.
I don’t need the super high end model with all the gadgets, but I’m on board with spending enough to get something that will last. Does that help?
Please give me actual numbers. Top end, and bottom end. Because I want to tell you to get a weber, gadgets are pointless but a good grill frame isn’t but if you are under a weber I will see what I can come up with in your budget.
OK sounds good. Most of the stuff I see at Lowes/Home Depot is in the $300-400 range (although most of that stuff isn’t Webber). That sounds reasonable to me. but if there’s a reason, like a solid frame, to go higher, I can do that.
Okay if you won’t go over 400 I would not even put you in the 3-400 range. The best performance you can find under 400 is the Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared Series go here, http://amzn.to/2gfndyb
Pick the size and configuration you want. Note you can get a cabinet style where you have hidden castors or a cart with visible wheels. I would personally get the cart style now that they have it. These grills let you sear like nothing in the price range and they almost never flare up. If you clean the tops every time you use them you will get years of service from it. The cover is worth the extra money.
I say all this with the following, if you are willing to spend say 500, get a Weber Spirit 3 burner http://amzn.to/2gftpG2 , You can actually get a Spirit with two burners for 399, but I can’t see spending that much for a two burner grill.
If you get the three burner Spirit for 499 and keep it clean and covered when not being used you will likely have it for 10 years or more and will still be able to sell it for 200-300 if you take care of it after that long.
And you likely only will want to do so if you want to upgrade to its bigger brother the Genesis http://amzn.to/2gBWuwf
FWIW I own a Char-Broil Infrared and I love it for what it is but my personal next new grill will be a Genesis.
Note Amazon will ship any of these to your house for free. Oh and for about 80 bucks extra, a person will come after it is delivered, assemble it for you and the best part they will take away all the garbage when finished.
Amazing, thanks Jack. I’ll be sure to go through TSpaz when I make the purchase.