Today I will take a look into the next 3.5 years, yea half of 2016 is already gone and tell you the good, the bad and the ugly of what I see coming. They world is not on “a tipping point” it is teetering on dozens of them, some good, some bad and again some ugly.
Understand I am not someone who claims to be a futurist or a profit, just a person that pays attention and isn’t willing to let others tell me what will or won’t happen. Over the years I racked up a lot of spot on predictions and a few misses to boot, keep that in mind today.
We are at a very unique point in history though, there has never been a time like this, ever. Every generation seems to think that but this time really is different.
Consider that in 1995 almost no one was online. It was going to be 3 years before google was even founded, but yahoo was born in that year, as a simple directory. There was no such thing as a smart phone, no Facebook, Twitter, Slack or any social media at all. I was using a pager for work, only senior managers had mobile phones. We still had tape players and frankly CD players in cars. It would not be till 2001 that the first iPod would let you keep a measly 1000 songs on it.
In 1995 a 1 gig hard drive was huge, now we have 256 gig usb drives that hang on a key chain. That is only 20 years ago folks. And nothing has slowed down, in fact tech is speeding up rapidly.
In those same 20 years China’s GDP doubled making second only to the US as a global economic super power. Russia rebuilt itself after the fall of the USSR into a new military and economic superpower. In the last 5 years the middle east has turned into a complete quagmire. You know what though, all that stuff is typical, it is what happens when you marry technology to the standard global flux that thing really start to change.
Tune in today to discuss…
- Things that will clearly be on their way out by 2020
- Conventional education
- Most manufacturing jobs
- Most agricultural jobs
- The general practitioner doctor
- A tremendous number of low level and service jobs
- The current IPR paradigm
- Things we will see available by 2020 in mass
- 3D printers – in a way you can’t yet imagine
- Self driving cars will start to be on regular roads
- Virtual reality will be on the way to becoming a mega industry
- Bad things likely to happen by 2020 or very soon there after
- The student loan bubble won’t pop, it will explode
- Commercial real estate will crash in a way that makes 2008 look like a day at Disneyland
- The government is going to take over health care, people will beg them to
- The stock market will crash, hard
- The government will take over everything it can (survival mode)
- Dozens even hundreds of pension funds will fail
- Domestic terrorism will get worse
- The solution
- There is no one solution
- Work hard, save, protect your wealth
- Develop hard and soft skills
- Stay up to date on technology (yes social media)
- Create groups, community, relationships
- There has never been a time more suited to basic prepping
- Don’t be afraid, when you fear you capitulate to tyranny
- Be open to radical change at the systems level
- Be a willow not an oak
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1807
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop on Amazon
- My Article on the Music Industry from 2006 – Pretty much nailed it and show revenue models they could be using today as well, but they are not.
- Its the Only One You’ve Got – 3 Doors Down
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.