Podcasting 2.0 with Oscar Merry from Fountain.fm – Epi-3268
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:31:10 — 26.1MB)
Today Oscar Merry, CEO and co-founder of Fountain.fm joins us to discuss podcasting 2.0 and Fountain.fm value for value role in the Podcasting ecosystem.
We will discuss the founding and value prop of Fountain, podcast clips, the value signal, social media, new Podcasting 2.0 features, making it simple to acquire your first bitcoin, building community among listeners, new lightning network features and more.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- Ridge Wallet – Awesome wallet and a full compliment of bad ass EDC gear
- Butcher Box – A giant box of meat right to your front door every month!
- Join the MSB Here
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- JB Weld WaterWeld Underwater Epoxy Putty – Item of the Day
- Oscar on Twitter
- Fountain on Twitter
- Oscar’s Npub on Nostr – npub1unmftuzmkpdjxyj4en8r63cm34uuvjn9hnxqz3nz6fls7l5jzzfqtvd0j2
- Fountain’s YouTube – This is a brand new channel, only a couple videos
- Jack’s How to Video Playlist for Fountain.fm – from the old platform but most if it is still very useful
Video Version of this Podcast
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Perhaps. Oscar should look into librevox.com.
All of the Audio books are in the Public domain.
The opportunity is on the producer side here then not Oscar’s side. All you need is hosting and a blog, get your feed on PodcastIndex.org and publish a book a day, or a certain number of chapters a day, you can notify any narrator they only need a fountain account and set splits for those that chose to be part of it.
I want to like Fountain, but until they fix their carplay I just can’t. Why do I need to open the app on my phone for it to do anything? That defeats the entire purpose IMO.