Yesterday’s interview with Nicole Foss was great but there are some issues I need to clear up. Due to time constraints and a challenging connection with her in New Zealand certain views that I have counter to her’s were not expressed.
Also I don’t bring on guests to debate with them, I bring them on to present their point of view.
But frankly the feedback I am getting has told me that for some of you what she said to be blunt scared the shit out of you.
In someways this is good. As I have been saying this sift in not only coming it is here and it is happening already. However fear that leads to inaction due to what might happen is almost always bad.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The progression that happens when really smart people discover societies problems
- They begin with a single issue say peak oil
- The single issue exposes a myriad of other issues (finance, demographics, etc)
- The problems interlock, compound and become scary
- The total understanding sinks in, a “coming soon” conclusion is drawn
- For a time all data collected is confirming data
- Time passes, the end does not come, only then will thinking progress
- Examining the issues we covered with an understanding of adaptation
- Peak oil – real yes, truly understood, not really
- Debt and Liquidity – a problem yes, but you need to understand money is fake anyway
- Mortgages vs. renting – they are situational strategies, not right or wrong
- The can kick – they are better at it then you think
- Total collapse – not likely, not for long anyway
- What we all should do
- Avoid toxic debt
- Buy below our means
- Maintain cash reserves
- Avoid set and forget investing
- Never confuse education with school
- Start and build businesses
- Expand all 8 forms of our capital
- Plan for both total collapse and continued normal
- Never fail to do the smart thing because of what might happen
- Final thoughts – The world has ended before and yet we are all still here
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1661
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Harvest Eating– (sponsor of the day)
- Backwoods Home – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.