Time for a fun and easy going show today. I am so sick of politics and economics and people being screwed by the state, how about we just talk about fishing today. Yea they make you buy a license to do it but those are pretty cheap right?
Anyway I find there are generally two types of people when it comes to fishing. First there are people that love it and second there are people who have yet to try a method of it that they love. Seriously so many people I talk to that don’t like fishing say things like….
- Its boring – Response, you don’t know how to fish
- It’s too hot – Response, don’t go when it is too hot
- It’s too expensive – Response, you are doing it wrong
- I can’t find a place to fish – Response, tune in to today’s show
Saying you don’t like fishing to me is like saying, “I don’t like beer” you just haven’t found your brand yet. Fishing can range from sitting in the shade with line in the water enjoying a beverage and almost hoping nothing bites to a wilderness adventure where hiking in is the hardest thing you do on the entire trip.
My wife said often she didn’t like fishing but when I introduced her to small river small mouth everything changed. Standing in the crystal clear moving water about thy deep in an old worn our pair of shoes and cut offs on a July day, catching 100+ bronze brawlers in a single day changed that for her. To the point where I was the one saying “okay time to go” and she was the one responding with “wait, one more cast”.
Today I just want to talk about fishing in a variety of ways, how to find spots to fish, what to try to simply get started and even a bit about the advanced electronics currently being installed in my boat, can you say automation?
Join Me Today to Discuss….
- Why humans tend to enjoy fishing
- The primal drive
- The reward factor
- The fact that you never really know what will happen
- Finding places to fish
- Just pay attention and look around (situational awareness)
- Google maps/earth
- Talk to people at stores, bait shops, etc.
- Yes forums and online (lowest results of all, except when you network)
- My go to rods and reels
- Some Fishing Stories and Techniques from 35 Years of Fishing
- Minnows with a bread bag
- Fishing with flowers
- Sharks at Jax Beach and Sanibel Island (the swimmers ran away)
- Mudfish and golden shiners
- Hand-lines and Ditch Eels (actually Amphiuma)
- Sticks and trout
- Floating worms
- Small River Bronze Backs
- The Hell Pet technique
- New electronics for my boat and what they do together
- Why I love both high and low tech fishing
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 35
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Online
- Fishing with Flowers
- Vertical Jigging with a Slab
- TiborasaurusRex – Youtube Channel
- Rex Tibor on Long Range Shooting Episode 1713 of TSP
- Taxman, Mr. Thief – Cheap Trick
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.