Episode-2447- Listener Feedback for 5-28-19
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (23.7MB)
Today on The Survival Podcast I answer your questions on community, cryptocurrency, parenting, gardening, higher education, seeds, aquaponics, distilling, silver, gold and more.
Make sure if you submit content for a feedback show that you put something like “comment for jack”, “question for jack” or “article for jack” in the subject line to assure proper identification for my screening process.
Please understand I receive several hundred emails a day and can’t get them all on the air.
I also do put out a lot of information on Facebook from emails that I can’t fit on the program though so keep em coming.
Join Me Today As I Respond to Your Calls and Discuss…
- The Weekly community revitalization segment – the power of volunteers
- Please Call the JERK Line and be part of episode 2500
- What you need to know about Jaxx Liberty and a crypto market update
- Talking to your kids about the importance of telling you the truth
- Using fertilizer injection systems
- Colleges shutting down programs is coming in clusters now, droves will follow & what’s Praxis
- A new seed source NativeSeeds.org
- The issues of using glass fish tanks with indoor aquaponics
- Brewing, vinting and distilling basics, mash, wash, wert, must, etc. don’t over think it all
- Getting started buying gold and silver
- Dealing with Fire ants the Organic Way
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Find Your TSP Facebook Group for Your State
- Scientific American Article on Volunteering as a Solution to Loneliness
- Article on the Men’s Sheds Concept
- EZ-FLO Low Pressure Drip Connection Fertilizer Injector System
- EZ-Flo CBV-075 3/4″ Slip Coupling Connector w/ball valve
- Why Business Schools are Shutting down MBA Programs
- Liberal arts colleges struggle to make a case for themselves
- Small private colleges struggling financially with lower enrollment
- Native Seeds Search
- Overflow Boxes on Amazon
- Medina Orange Oil
- Best Beginner Episode I have Done on Silver
- Your Song at SongFacts.com
- Your Song – Boyce Avenue
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
I am curious if the orange oil would work on Ticks and Chiggers. Do you think it might?
How can I put this, how about, yes but no.
Orange oil is a contact killer, it dissolves exoskeletons. So if you pour or spray it on any insect it will kill them. But if you spray an area, 10 minutes later, you go nothin but a nice smell. Adding to it spraying it will kill everything it touches.
So I graduated very recently from A private liberal arts college. I made the decision because, believe it or not, it was less expensive for me to go to private college than community college growing up in denver co, zero scholarships to community or state colleges 9-12k/yr vs scholarshipped/granted to 5k/yr. How they were keeping up when I left was freshman class was probably 1/3 or more of the college population then only half came back for sophomore and then a little less coming back as juniors. Basically they burnt as many young adults for a years worth of dues fees and other random costs. Rather sinister but effective.
That has been my general strategy for retirement is to spend more time at church or meditation groups or finding some kind of volunteer type thing or similar activity. I don’t know exactly what activities or churches. I do find some challenges because I may often find disagreements about things with some churches or groups about religious issues but I have learned to avoid talking about some of that and focusing on the positive though it’s not always easy.
When others or friends complain about being lonely or similar I try to tell them to try going to church but usually they don’t take my advice or I have to bring them to a church service myself. I am not catholic but I have ended up at some catholic masses because my friend won’t go alone so I have to take her to mass
My memory might not be perfect, but I seem to remember it necessary to upgrade to Jaxx Liberty wallet in order to continue using Shapeshift for converting cryptocurrencies. I also seem to remember having to do some additional registration with Shapeshift as well.
Overall I like the Jaxx Liberty wallet. The only issue I ever had with it was at one point it couldn’t seem to finish updating itself whenever an updated version of the wallet came out. But everything else works great.
Go to Wal-Mart and get clear Rubbermaid tote that’s what I have for a filter on a 5 gallon fish tank which is a bit of an Overkill