We lead off today with a 15 minute segment with Steven Harris on the upcoming mobile battery bank workshop. We discuss the origin of this system and the massive flexibility it offers. If you want to attend this workshop you can sign up for it and learn more about it here. If you just want to get the videos on how to build these systems on your own you can do that at Battery1234.com.
Next we are joined by Chris Starr for a discussion on the art of falconry. Chris has been a licensed falconer for 3 years, as well as a nuisance wildlife control operator for 3 years. He did a short jaunt in the Air Force but was forced out due to the government shutdowns in 2011.
Chris has flown a male red tail hawk for 2 years, and is currently flying a female Harris hawk and 3 saker falcons for abatement in Arlington. He has helped train many different hawks, falcons and owls
He joins us today to discuss falconry and it’s uses in a SHTF scenario as well as day to day prepping including how to get into falconry, what birds to use, what birds are easiest to train. We also discuss how you actually train a bird for falconry, how does falconry differs across the country and the world, as well as some falconry history. We finish up with how falconry can be used in survival situations and do increase preparedness.
If you have questions for Chris you can ask them in the comments below and if you want to hook up with him in the DFW area his email address is aaacstarr at gmail dot com.
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1285
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Get TSP Copper Sentinels
- TSP Gear
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Back Woods Home Magazine – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.