Since 1985, Geoff Lawton has undertaken 1,000’s of jobs consulting, designing, teaching and implementing in seventeen different countries around the world. Clients have included private individuals, groups, communities, governments, aid organizations, non government organizations and multinational companies.
In October 1997 Bill Mollison, upon his retirement, asked Geoff to establish and direct a new Permaculture Research Institute on the 147 acre Tagari Farm previously developed by Bill. Geoff Lawton developed the site over three years and established The Permaculture Research Institute as a registered charity and global Networking centre for Permaculture projects. Geoff Lawton is the managing director of The Permaculture Research Institute.
Geoff joins us on TSP today to discuss site selection in both the suburbs and rural areas. We also discuss the threat of GMOs and two “almost disasters” related to GMOs most people have never heard of. A huge problem and even bigger opportunity with the Mississippi river. The challenges of desert permaculture and why we should focus on “marginal desert areas” first as we begin to repair man caused desertification.
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
- TSP Copper
- The Permaculture Research Institute of Australia
- Permaculture Global – (consider making a donation to help them out with their mission)
- Get all 5 of Geoff’s DVDs with a 10% Discount
- Tony Rinaudo’s Work in Africa – YouTube Video
- Trentcom Rocket Pots
- Groasis Waterboxx
- How a Biotech Company Almost Killed the World With Booze – this is the soil ethanol GMO Geoff Spoke of
- Hope in a Changing Climate
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.