Wade Bowlin is a self described computer nerd, network engineer, business guy, gear head, gun nut, survival junkie and prepping maniac. He joins us today to discuss bug out vehicles (BOVs).
Wade will talk to us about different ideas like: new vehicles, RVs, old vehicles, and most importantly military vehicles and trailers. Wades bug out location is approximately 1200 west of his current location so he has put a lot of thought into getting there and have come up with two solutions: Fast and agile or slow and tough. My personal choices are a 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor and a 1971 AM General XM820.
Join Wade and I today as we Discuss…
- What makes a good BOV
- What about newer vehicles vs old vehicles
- Where do you find and buy military surplus vehicles
- Choosing a daily driver or special use vehicles
- What items should you stock in your BOV at all times
- What you should know before you buy a military vehicle
- What a duce and a half may be a better option than a 5 ton
- The good and bad of automatic and manual transmissions
- What are the best resources for learning more about military vehicles
- The value and simplicity of military technical manuals
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- www.prepperpedia.com – (Wade’s Site – in beta)
- Wade Doing Things with his Ford Raptor that Should Not be Done
- Wade’s 820 Running Good
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.