Tune in today for a special edition of The Survival Podcast with Chef Keith Snow. Keith is the creator of HarvestEating.com which focuses on eating seasonally and cooking with food you can grow in your backyard of obtain locally.
He is also a daily listener to our show and shares many common ideals with the Survival Podcast audience.
So I thought who better to bring on the air in preparation for Thanksgiving then Chef Keith.
Whether you are going though having the “in laws” over for the first time or just want to have the best Thanksgiving meal you ever cooked, today’s show is for you.
Tune today to learn…
- Simple steps to a perfect turkey
- Why a fresh turkey beats a frozen one
- The third rail of turkey cooking
- Why consumer grade digital thermometers suck
- Making great gravy
- The secret to killer mashed potatoes
- Jacks ultra simple green beans (not that crappy casserole)
- Easy real cranberry sauce (not jello like crap)
- Some of our recommendations for wine
- Good ideas for desert
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Sawtooth Tactical – (sponsor of the day)
- Knife Kits – (sponsor of the day)
- Chef Keith Snow’s Links
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air