With the disaster in Japan I am getting a lot of emails from brand new people and long time listeners, the basic question is “what should we do”? Well this may be hard for you to believe given the non stop media coverage of the burning reactor but the answer is, unless you are in Japan you should probably not do anything. That said getting out of Japan unless you are part of the relief efforts probably isn’t a bad idea.
You certainly shouldn’t go spend 100 dollars for a bottle of potassium iodine on eBay because you will be able to get all you want for about 15 bucks a bottle in about a month, there is really nothing for you to do, perhaps other than make a contribution to the relief efforts in Japan.
What we all should be doing right now personally is using this current disaster as a gut check of sorts. Rather than worry about some fictitious cloud of death, that just isn’t going to happen you should be asking the following. What would it have meant to me had this disaster occurred in California or New York? What if it had just been a tsunami, just a nuclear accident or just an earth quake but had happened much closer to me, would I have been prepared enough to shelter in place or get out of dodge?
With that in mind I think it is time we take a show to go back and just talk about prepping in general, the tenets of preparedness and self evaluation of how we would handle a disaster that wasn’t thousands of miles away.
Join me today as we discuss…
- Why now is not the time to panic but to plan
- Why 30 days is the absolute minimum amount of food you should have on hand
- Why having a means of water purification is more important than water storage
- Why you need both lethal and non lethal methods of self defense
- Getting started with personal energy independence
- Understanding how most people are enslaved by the systems
- Realizing the link between liberty and prepping
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
- MURS Radio – (sponsor of the day)
- Join Me Live tonight on The Rifleman Radio Show (7PM Central Time)
- Info on the Private Q&A With Gary Vaynerchuk
- Wagan Power Dome Video
- Members Support Brigade
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.