Episode-558- A Survivalists View of Thanksgiving
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (6.3MB)
Today one day before the great American Holiday we stop and pause to think about what we have to be thankful for. The beginning of today’s show is new, most of it is rebroadcast of last years show. Remember for Thanksgiving I am running a special on the members brigade, sign up between now and midnight Sunday and get your first year for only 35 bucks.
Tune in today to hear…
- I have found our group of soldiers to sponsor for Christmas this year
- Why much of what we learn about Thanksgiving is wrong or at least inaccurate
- How Thanksgiving was at one time considered a “damn yankee holiday”
- How Thanksgiving became a way for our nation to heal and reunite
- How the date of Thanksgiving has often been moved around and why
- The truth about those big buckles the pilgrims wore and all that black clothing
- What feasting meant 100 years ago to our prior generation that we have forgotten
Resources for today’s show…
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Back Yard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- Safecastle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.
I have elk in the freezer, a couple of whole free range chickens, and 10lbs of cut up fryer chicken. I’m thankful I have that, but out of slave tokens.
I hope you don’t mind Jack, but for folks who weren’t around last year for your Thanksgiving special, here’s the link to the transcription of your special Thanksgiving message.
Happy Thanksgiving to our TSP family and to you and your family, Jack.