Episode-403- Listener Feedback 3-22-10
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (28.3MB)
Well it is Monday and time to air your questions, comments and concerns. Today we discuss subjects like second hand shotgun maintenance, self watering air conditioner gardens, the ass clowns ramming a health care bill down our throats and more.
Tune in today to hear…
- What does the new health care bill news mean, what can be done
- What can you do to remove surface rust from a second hand shotgun
- What is better a compost bin, worm composting or something else
- California won’t put solar panels in a natural desert but they will put them in a man made desert
- What can you plant in a tight space around an air conditioner
- Thoughts on a permaculture irrigation system
- Thoughts on city compost projects and using their product
- Is learning “wilderness skills” useful to the urban survivalist
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Backyard Food Production – (sponsor of the day)
- Survival Seed Bank – (sponsor of the day)
- California to Build a Solar Farm in a Man Made Desert
- High Mowing Organic Seeds Beats Monsanto in Court
- Honeyville Grains (10% off for MSB members)
- ShelfReliance.com (7% off for MSB members)
- YouTube Video – Review of the Shelf Reliance Harvest 72
- TSP’s YouTube Channel
- Mastering the 22 Rifle (my eBook due out soon)
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.
In re: Rust Removal.
For surface rust only, where the metal hasn\’t oxidized to the point where the metal is pitted or etched, use a pencil!
Simply sharpen the pencil and move it as if you were \"chiseling\" the rust away. The pencil \"lead\" is just hard enough to gently polish or scrape the surface rust away without damaging the finish.
I know, it sounds silly, but it works. I learned it a long time ago from a very old gunsmith.
Hope it helps.
In addition to the “mass exodus” of Democrats from Congress, there will be a mass exodus of quality physicians from the practice of medicine. As patients we can’t stop this erosion of health care quality but there are things we can do from our side of the doctor-patient relationship to keep it healthy.
If you have a good doctor (or healer, or nurse, or acupuncturist!), do whatever it takes to make sure you appreciate him – as his freedoms erode, your access to good care goes with it.
On the topic of Monsanto, you might want to check out this article on Bt resistant pests. Looks like their antics are not only dangerous to other farmers and potentially human health, but also possibly ineffective at their stated goal of producing food for the world.
Well I turned on all my lights all my TV’s and every thing else pulling electricity for earth hour. I just couldn’t resist. I didn’t go all the way to tape it. However the hippies were crying about it. 🙂