Time for a bit of a myth busting show today. There are so many things people are sure about, that just are not the way they are sure they are. Take the argument, “America is not a democracy”, we will shred that one today. How about “I am not an atheist, I am an agnostic”, the problem there is one of those words does not mean what most people think it means.
Some may say why bother with a show like this? My view is one of the chief ways we are kept divided by the power elites is to make sure we have dichotomies, generally false ones. To do this they sow a bit of disinformation, present the extreme cases on both sides, change the meaning of a few words and sit back and let us act like the fools they expect us to be.
Imagine you are tying to talk to a person, they speak say Ukrainian and you speak English. Well at least you know you don’t understand each other. But what if you speak Russian, a very similar language to Ukrainian. You are not a native speaker of Russian but you are pretty good, you can talk to Russians and have almost no problems being understood or understanding them. Now you meet a Ukrainian, he doesn’t tell you he is Ukrainian, you don’t tell him you are speaking Russian.
In time you would likely figure it out, but until then might you have some major disagreements just because a word you know, doesn’t actually mean to him what it means to you? It is like that only worse with many of the things we will talk about today. And it might just be if we can mean the same thing, when we say the same words, we can have more productive discussions, especially when we disagree about something.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Why we are doing this, a lesson from a hypothetical time traveling expirment
- Why the second amendment applies to the states and the individual despite arguments against it that are correct
- The difference between GMOs, Hybrids and Heirloom seeds and some really unhinged beliefs about them
- Why the complete destruction of an entire business sector or industry is not really a bad thing
- The belief that taxes are voluntary in America and the fact that some people don’t even know that its a thing
- Why private businesses have every right to limit your speech and/or refuse you service
- The United States is a democracy and a republic the two are not exclusive from one another
- If you mulch with wood chips they will “steal” nitrogen from your soil
- The belief that something is bad just because it is illegal
- The real reason there are not as many electric cars on the road as there could be
- Countering the claim that “organic food is not any more nutritious than conventional food”
- The boiling frog analogy may be useful but it is also based on a lie
- No, eating rabbits won’t cause you to starve
- Agnostic is not atheist light
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Find Your TSP Facebook Group for Your State
- Looking for the Next Best Thing – Warren Zevon
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.