Despite this phraseology today’s show isn’t a play on Jeff Foxworthy’s you might be a red neck if. Today we won’t be either poking fun at anarchists or talking about the things they do and say, as such. Rather we are going to talk about the core of anarchism and reveal to many who thing anarchism is radical, dangerous, won’t work, etc, that they in fact are at their core already anarchists.
How is this possible? Well anarchism isn’t a way you vote like democrat, republican or even libertarian, it is a philosophy of morality at its core. It actually comes down to core beliefs of right and wrong. Such at taking the legitimate property of another is wrong. Using force or coercion is wrong, period.
It is a belief that you own yourself, and an acknowledgement that others also own themselves. My hope is this show will reach many that are currently closed minded to anarchism. Those who think “that can’t work” or “its never been done”, because frankly it has, you can read about it here.
Beyond that though, humans have been on this planet for a long time. The oldest human tools date to about 2.4 million years ago and were found in a cave in China. Even if we shrunk that down to say 200,000 years, the state as a form of control is only about 5000 years old and it wasn’t everywhere at once. Franky humans have lived as anarchists far longer as a species than we have lived as statists.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Why you might be an anarchist and not know it
- The core beliefs of anarchists
- Theft is wrong no matter who does it
- Force is wrong unless it is used in defense
- People own themselves
- No person should be forced to participate in anything they don’t want to be part of
- The pragmatism of the modern anarchist
- It isn’t going to happen today or next week, or next decade
- The way you live is what you control
- Only a goal of no state can ever shrink the state
- Voluntary associations can exist now, so lets do that
- If you can solve a problem without the state, do so
- Technology is our greatest tool for human evolution
- How becoming an anarchist by choice changes your world view
- Might no longer makes right
- War becomes an absolute last resort
- You stop focusing on things outside of your control
- You find an “inner peace” not too dissimilar from some religions
- Your obligations increase they do not decrease
- You become a systems thinker and solutions orentied
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1874
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop on Amazon
- Green Fields of France – Drop Kick Murphys
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.