While many preppers seem to only focus on preparing for TEOTWAWKI; I have for 8 years now taught that we should prepare for life and that includes all the things that go both right and wrong with it. Failure and success will impact you at the personal, regional, national and even global levels. There are good times and bad, the key is those best prepared make the most of the good and mitigate the bad.
Additionally with all the talk of “the dollar becoming worthless” in our space have you ever noticed that all the people offering you a solution wish for your “worthless paper money” in exchange? It doesn’t matter if it is gold, silver, MREs, ammo, shelters, seeds or solar power in the end all of the people selling based on fear of collapse do business in what? “Worthless paper dollars”.
Want to know why? Because they are not worthless! So long as we have a dollar based economy, dollars have value. This is why you use them to pay your bills, buy your food, put gas in your car or buy a nice bottle of scotch an a fine cigar. In the end, money is a prep! It can’t be your only prep, but it is a huge part of proper prepping.
Into this comes business ownership. I personally feel the biggest step toward individual liberty a person can make is business ownership of some sort. Be it part time wealth building activity or a full time lifestyle business or any form in between, there is no step that brings more liberty to a persons life then a successful business.
Join Me Today to Discuss….
- The alternatives to business ownership
- The Dead End Job
- The Stressful Career
- The Path of the High End Professional
- The Happy Go Lucky Worker (few and far between)
- Getting Started with a Just Do It Mentality
- Blogging and social media
- What do you love, what are you good at
- What can you do with what you have
- Do you want a big business, or just freedom
- What do you suck at, what do you hate (even if you are good at it)
- Some Business Concepts and My Thoughts on Them
- Consulting (from A-Z)
- Farm, Garden, Food Production and/or Value Add
- Craft Based Businesses (from soaps to belts and back)
- General Handy Man
- Pool Service (specifically above ground)
- Deck, Fence, Driveway Maintenance and Cleaning
- Online Product Sales (affiliate, drop ship, etc.)
- Information Marketing, Book Authorship, etc.
- Pet Sitting and Walking
- A CSA or Organic Food Club (basically food delivery)
- Fishing Guide – Good Ones Are Always Busy, It Ain’t Easy Bro!
- What about a “restaurant club”
- In the end it comes down to this there is something you can do
- With what you have
- That will make some money
- That you won’t hate doing
- That if nothing else will teach you about business
- That will either become or lead to success
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1631
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Fortress Defense Consultants – (sponsor of the day)
- Ready Made Resources – (sponsor of the day)
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – REDSKIN PEACH TREE – Adaptable from zone 5 to zone 9.
This is an off shoot of the old time Elberta Peach.
Excellent quality, all-purpose, yellow, freestone. It is frost hardy and very sweet. It does not require a pollinator and ripens mid-July. This is Bob Wells personal favorite when it comes to peaches.
Bob Wells specializes in edible landscape, including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Fruit Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here