Hold on boys and girls multiple recessions are on the way. Multiple, yep, Canada is in Recession due to the “oil slump”, China is headed into recession as we speak, China’s recession will put Australia into recession and Greece and Spain will likely soon cascade all of Europe into one as well.
I can hear you now, quoting Ron White, “Close, I thought he was talking about me there for a second“.
Well, sorry to break the news to you guys but if you think Canada, Australia, the EU and China can all have recessions and not have a US recession to go with it, it ain’t going to happen.
Want more bad news, officially the recession of 08-09 ended in late 09, or 6 years ago, well, typically we never make it 10 years in the best of times with out at least a minor recession. The questions at this point are not is a recession coming and will it effect us, they are when will it get here and how badly will it effect us.
Sadly, I don’t know, if I did I would make a few million with hedge bets and not care. I would even tell you guys how and when to cash in too. There may be some money to be made but I will leave advice on that to John Pugliano, what I can tell you is personally right now I am moving more and more to a conservative and cash heavy position.
The big question for most preppers is, “Is this the big one”. My gut is no. Keep in mind I said “the big one would be after after a false recovery, a marked drop in unemployment and likely to occur in late 2015 to mid 2016”, as long ago as 2009 when many were claiming that recession was “the big one”. So why do I now disagree with myself, tune in today to find out, and to find out why not the big one, doesn’t really mean, “not so bad”.
Tune in Today to Hear…
- Today’s show is about my instincts not charts and what economists say
- What usually happens in a run up to an election after two terms
- When stocks die, commodities fly and vise verse
- China’s coming recession will suck likely not as bad as predicted
- No good crisis will go to waste, more regulations coming
- Private institutions will ramp up capital controls, no need for the government to do it
- The trap has been set but we are still seen as dairy vs. beef cattle
- Because this will be global no one can afford to not keep playing the game
- Susie Orman will likely say something during this like, “well you will be working till your 75”
- Immigration touted as saving the day by the time it seems to recover
- There has been no recovery, there will be no recovery, this is the long slow economic black hole
- Will they hit the “big red button”, I don’t think so, but who knows
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1608
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
Bob Wells Plant of the Week –
LI JUJUBE TREE – this plant is adaptable from zone 5 to zone 9.
Also called the Chinese date. It is a round shaped fruit, reddish brown, dry and wrinkled, sweet and chewy (like dates) when fully ripe in early fall.
It is attractive, easy to grow tree: hardy, drought resistant, virtually pest and disease free. It is self-fertile, but if you want to boost production, plant a Lang Jujube along with it.
Bob Wells Nursery specializes in edible landscape plants and trees including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Vine Fruit, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Trees. Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.