One of you guys asked about me doing some new podcasts on bow hunting for deer. Today I will do a show on my “kit” for bow hunting and why I carry what I carry. This will not include the basic items I carry for any trip to the woods, you know basic survival stuff like water, food, etc.
I am going to stick just to my kit for archery hunting, I will say a bit on the bow too, but most of that will be on a later show. I will also talk about the type of knife I like for deer hunting, even though you always carry a knife. Due to how flipping busy I am this week, todays show will be a little shorter than typical.
Join Me Today To Discuss…
- Why bow hunting
- Longer seasons
- Less hunting pressure
- Nothing else like it
- My basic kit
- A small pack, go for quiet
- 35mm film canisters with deer lure
- 6 feet of 1/2″ soft nylon rope
- 25 feet of 1/4″ soft nylon rope with a “dog clip”
- 4 – one gallon heavy zip lock bags, in a tight square with removable zip ties
- A grunt/bleat call
- Head net
- Rattle bag
- Toilet Paper – for that too but most for blood tracking
- A good light, with a blue lens cover or blue option
- A head light
- Extra batteries for each
- Pencils (2) stubby ones like for mini golf
- Sometimes a very heavy duty contractors garbage bag
- Nitrile Gloves
- Trail Tacks – reflective thumb tacks
- Compact Binoculars
- Sent Eliminator – only because it can’t hurt
- Pruning saw
- Duct tape
- A good knife for gutting/field dressing
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1445
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Great Big AgriTrue Contest
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.