It has been a long time since I have really dug deep into this topic. Our mission at TSP is to help people become more self sufficient. The reality is the biggest systemic dependency most people must deal with is economic dependence.
Economic dependence also leads to a required acceptance of many things you don’t want in your life. Trading time for dollars is what the labor force is based on. Yet the entire concept of “labor” is actually disdained by most business owners, even those that treat people very good. In the end a labor force is an massive expense and a massive source of frustration.
Every business, no matter how well they treat employees is always looking to improve efficiency, at least if it is to survive it is. Every time I improve efficiency I reduce my need for labor relative to my production. This means quite literally that business is and has been seeking to design out labor to the highest degree possible for a very long time.
So all while we are told about “job creation” the entire system is based on systemic job elimination. To be brutally honest, if I am employing 500 people and improved efficiency will let me get rid of 50 I will do so. Why? Beyond the capital return, it will let me purge the 10% of the lowest performers from my company. In the end the 450 will actually be a lot happier.
There is nothing wrong with a job and being an employee, just understand the above is the reality of your existence. You are employed only because you are either necessary or perceived necessary. That alone should make most people at least consider either building a business or learning to at least market themselves more effectively.
Join Me Today As We Discuss…
- The entrepreneur mindset is for everyone, even employees
- The entrepreneur mindset is infectious, just warning you
- Business ownership is easy, successful business dev and operation is hard
- You are likely to fail, so what, that’s great
- How the internet should really be seen and what is an online business
- The two types of products, there are only two, no more
- There are three primary reasons people buy, only three
- Life Changing
- Define the market in simple terms
- Who are they (BE SPECIFIC)
- What do they want (BE VERY SPECIFIC)
- How do they want it delivered (BE LASER PRECISE)
- Thoughts on getting started, why just do it works
- Remember if you are just starting no one is paying attention
- Success comes with time, if the work is done and a system is followed
- Many times it is best to develop a market and make the market develop the product
- Why I suggest above all, follow your passions
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1433
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Great Big AgriTrue Contest
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- JM Bullion – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.