Right now it is in the 30s and we will be down in the teens tonight and this is in the middle of the global warming crisis in north Texas so spring seems a long way off but it isn’t. Frankly here are how the numbers break down for me…
- Average last frost date is March 15th
- Today is Feb. 4th
- Weeks till planting remaining 6
- Average time seeds need to be ready to plant out 6 weeks
Simply put the time for us to be planing is now, and we have a ton more to do. Join me today as I go though our current planned activities over then next two months and see how it fits with your plans.
Join Me Today As I Discuss…
- Last frost date, can you trust it, NO!
- Starting seeds, why indoors is best for fast germination
- We are doing some trees from seed this year here is how and what
- Getting beds ready and designing planting layouts
- Planning and completing construction projects
Resources for today’s show…
- The Year 1294
- Join Our Forum
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Survival Gear Bags – (sponsor of the day)
- Safe Castle Royal – (sponsor of the day)
- Infidel Body Armor – (MSB get 10% off, Discount Vendor of the Day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Our Expert Council is Made Up of…
- Kerry Davis – Dark Angel Medical – Emergency Medicine and Life Saving Care
- Bryan Black – ITS Tactical – All Things Tactical, E&E, Lock Picking, etc.
- Frank Sharp Jr. – Fortress Defense Consultants – Weapons, Tactics and Security
- Darby Simpson – DarbySimpson.com – Livestock and Farm Management/ Homestead Consulting
- Ben Falk – Whole Systems Design – Permaculture (Specializing in North Eastern Climates)
- Paul Wheaton – Permies.com – Permaculture (Specializing in North Western Climates)
- Tim Glance – Old Grouch’s Military Surplus – Bug Out Vehicles, Military Surplus and Communications
- Stephen Harris – Solar1234 – All things Energy
- Chef Keith Snow – Harvest Eating – Cooking
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.