Today is the final Tuesday show for June, remember there is still time to vote on July’s shows and you can even change your vote if your favorites are hopelessly lost and kick a close second over the top!
Today we talk about cooking, there will be some recipes today but I am going to focus more on techniques and how to think. The keys to cooking amazing food for low cost are good fundamental techniques, stretching more expensive items, buy in bulk, do all your own processing/butchering and cook with left overs in mind.
Join me today to discuss…
- Pots, pans and tools of the trade
- Spices and seasonings
- Buy whole
- Buy in bulk
- Make your own mixes as needed
- Stocks and soups
- From concentrates
- Oils and Vinegar
- Garlic, Black and Thai Chili
- Jalapeno Oil
- What ever you can come up with
- Items that Add Flavor
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Citrus (juice and zest)
- Prepared Mustard (even if you hate mustard)
- Sugars (white, brown, honey, etc)
- Bacon, pancetta, prosciutto etc.
- Basting sauces, marinades and brines
- Some go to combinations
- Mirepoix – Celery – Onion – Carrot
- Holy Trinity – Celery – Onion – Green Pepper
- Easy Asian – Chili – Garlic – Ginger
- Some ideas to cook
- One chicken three meals
- Fish soup/chowder (poor mans Bouillabaisse)
- Simple, cheap, shrimp stir fry
- Greens with bacon and apple
- Pasta with chicken, fresh tomatoes and sweet potato greens
- The best oven made chicken wings you will ever make
- Easy pork shoulder – feeds an army
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1817
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop on Amazon
- The Last Cowboy – Jamey Johnson
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council that can answer you questions. If you have a question send it to jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with TSPC Epert in the subject line. Ask your question in one to two sentences so it is clear then provide any additional details. Make sure to tell me what council member the question is for. You Meet the Expert Council at this Link.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.