Have you ever heard the phrase, “the lowest common denominator”. While this is an actual mathematical principle it has also become a colloquialism meaning to cater to the lowest preforming member of a given group. Today that group is the people of the United States and the performance metrics are basic intelligence, critical thinking and the ability to use logic and reason.
In essence a better title for this show may be “lowering the common denominator” with the sub title of “the dumbing down of America”, but I simply feel dropping the denominator sounds better and requires more thought, and as you shall see, thinking is the main focus of today’s episode.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Everything you need to know is in the pharmaceutical marketing formula
- Specific ways people have been dumbed down
- Taught that the method is more important than the results
- Everything has become a labeled illness, disorder, condition, etc and celebrated
- Actual mental disorders are considered “normal”
- The goal of modern medicine is to medicate every person from cradle to grave
- Food is toxic even in the wealthiest nation that have ever existed
- People have been convinced education credentials equal intelligence
- People have been taught to be proud of who they are, vs. what they accomplish
- The role of government has become “keeping us safe” instead of the protection of rights
- The concept of “settled science” has turned science into a religion
- Fighting the current of stupidity
- Verify information and examine every side of every issue
- Realize that 95% of what people think is important, isn’t
- Make your life a series of “learning projects”
- Challenge your children and teach them to challenge you back
- Develop your pattern recognition
- Learn to work systems to your advantage
- Don’t join a “tribe” political or otherwise
- Determine the things you most want and put 95% of your effort into getting them
- If you don’t want to be a little more like a person in your life, don’t spend much time with them
- Spirko’s Law of Life #13 – Believe as you wish but know why you believe what you believe
- Final Thoughts – You don’t have to play their games, so don’t
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Find Your TSP Facebook Group for Your State
- There Must be More to Life than This – Freddy Mercury
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.