We rely on our modern agriculture system to feed the planet. While most people in the modern world seem to believe food comes from a store it most certainly does not. The bright lights and shiny packaging at the grocery is simply the last step in a long chain of systems.
The reality is be it animal or vegetable it all starts in the farm fields of the world and those fields are sick and dying for a variety of reasons. Of course man’s solution is genetic engineering, new chemicals and attempting to adapt to the damage we are doing vs. reversing it.
Join me today as we discuss the following recent news stories about this problem…
- Peak Phosphorus – what is it, why should you care
- Time and Water – running out for America’s largest aquifer
- Liberty for Pakistan – liberty for Monsanto’s GMO Cotton
- Australia’s Salty Wheat – why fix a problem you can “get around”
- The Price of Food – the biggest jump in 26 years
- Ten Years of Scientific Study – to tell us something we already knew
Additional Resources for Today’s Show
- Members Support Brigade
- TSP Gear Shop
- Join Our Forum
- Survival Seed Bank – (sponsor of the day)
- Shelf Reliance – (sponsor of the day)
- Review of a Shelf Reliance Food System
- More on the Rising Cost of Food in 2010
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution
- More on the future for phosphorus – not good!
- The Salting of Australia’s Soil
- Ron Hood’s Survival.com Magazine
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK and you might hear yourself on the air.