I have attempted to be a voice of calm and reason with this current situation, as I always do. As I stated last week the main reason is this audience should be at minimum prepared at a basic level. What I have seen in general in response to “the corona virus” is a mixture ranging from some common sense to outright hysteria.
The hysteria is coming from two camps, first is the main stream media and the political left. This idiots see it as a chance to defeat the orangeman. Additionally the main stream media always hypes everything they can to get you to stay glued to the TV. I have been bemused listening to them tell us how important it is to “stay informed” as they repeat the same bullshit over and over with likely 50% of all media time dedicated to the same 5 minute spiel for the past 3-4 weeks.
The other group hyping the fuck out of this is my contemporaries in the world of alternative media and the preparedness industry. They are selling mostly fear and gear as far as I am concerned.
I have said from the very beginning here, it isn’t nothing but it is nothing to freak out about. The good thing though is that many so called preppers are getting into touch with now unprepared they are, and so are many Americans. Unlike a lot of crisis of the week this one is going to be around a while. It will impact most of us in some way. So the concept of preparedness may actually go into some brains and stick this time, a man can hope anyway.
Today I am going to talk about prepping for CoVid-19 but guess what folks, it is really just generalized pepping for anything.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Quote of the Day – “Giving people self-confidence is by far the most important thing that I can do. Because then they will act.” ~ Jack Welch
- First lets once again get a grasp on why the infected rate is deflated making the death rate inflated
- Next let’s understand why things always look worse in the beginning with a new disease
- Keep in mind the BULLSHIT that was being said while I was saying to calm the F down
- Kids seem to be almost totally unaffected, why that is good and bad at the same time
- It is important to identify if you are part of the population that is more at risk
- Elevated over 65, serious risk to 80 and older
- Respiratory Issues
- Immune Compromised
- High Blood Pressure or other Cardio Vascular Disease
- High Density Living Conditions
- Now lets review the concept of commonality of disaster
- Now some things we can specifically do here…
- Focus on keeping your immunity up (vitamins B6, C and E)
- Again Quecertin showed promise against SARs and this is far more mild, it won’t hurt for sure
- Stay hydrated and stay active, walk, move your fricken lungs
- Yes wash your hands, and here is something most people are clueless about when say shopping
- If you get “sick” don’t panic and don’t run to the hospital because you sneezed a few times
- More generalized prepping
- Ammo, back up power, etc. sure but that isn’t really the big concern here
- Food – Have a 30-60 day supply, also you should do that anyway
- Buy shit you don’t have but should have online while it is in stock for a few reasons
- lack of zombies (freaked out disease carrying people)
- Things you need to specifically think about for this, again but you should do it anyway
- Shit your kids eat you don’t think of as preps
- Hygiene items
- Maintenance meds
- Protective gear but let’s have a reality check about it too
- Cleaning supplies, sanitizers, etc but let’s not lose our minds
- Remember this shit always passes, be good to neighbors during any shortages, the world is not ending
- The lesson here for many preppers is, you are not a prepped as you think you are and any bumb in the road exposes that
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- Article on Quecertin as a Treatment for Covid19
- Full Fact Article Countering Bullshit Incinerator Claims
- I’m Alright – Jo Dee Messina
The Immunity Boosting Supplements I Recommend
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.