Episode-2236- Expert Council Q&A for 6-12-18
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (0.0KB)
Today its Friday so it’s time for expert council show. To ask a question for a show like this, just send an email to me at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with “TSPC Expert” in the subject line.
Today the expert council answers questions on hyperemesis, 4×4 vehicles, plant propagation, retirement relocation, blood thinners, SEO, coffee and more.
In the body of your email first tell me the council member your question is for. Second ask your question concisely in one to two sentences maximum. Third any and all details after that. This is the formula to give you the best chance of getting on the air.
I do what I can to get as many of your questions as possible on the air but can’t always get to all of them. Our council is made of a wide variety of experts in everything from the tactical to the practical and everything in between.
To get more information on our Expert Council visit our “Meet the Expert Council Page” to learn more about them and their specific areas of expertise.
Join Me Today As Our Experts Discuss…
- What is lisnopril and how would you deal without it – Doc Bones
- On stabilizing fuel – Charles Sanville
- Get shit done life hacks – Nicole Sauce
- Making awesome stuffed zuchinni – Keith Snow
- Feeding large numbers of people on paleo for cheap – Gary Collins
- The latest and greatest in rechargeable batteries – Steven Harris
- The 10mm lever gun and other options – Jack
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TspAz.com – support TSP when you shop on Online
- Grandaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Information
- Biltong for Breakfast
- Chef Keith’s Stuffed Zucchini
- Ranger Point Precision 10MM Lever Gun
- Hi Point 10 MM Carbine
- Aero Survival Rifle in 10MM
- Hickock 45 On the Aero Survival Rifle
- Kriss Vector Gen II in 10MM
- Coonan 357 1911
- TSP Android App
- TSP iPhone App
- Song of the Day Playlist – 2015
- Song of the Day Playlist – 2016
- Song of the Day Playlist – 2017
- Forum Post about the Song of the Day Playlists
- Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes – Jimmy Buffett
Steve’s Battery Links
- The EBL Charger
- EBL 2300 mah AA’s 16 qty
- EBL 2800 mah AA’s 16 qty
- The Amazon Basics AA 16 qty
- The Eneloop Regular batteries 16 qty
- The Eneloop PROS for war fighters and cops
- The INCREDIBLE OLIGHT Charger
- The Imuto 30,000 USB Battery
- The Anker 4 Port USB Wall Charger
- The Anker 4 Port USB CAR Charger
- The Anker 4 Port most advanced Car Charger Available
Websites of the Expert Council Members
- MT Knives
- Humble Mechanic
- Living Free in Tennessee
- Harvest Eating
- Old Grouch Military Surplus
- Permaculture Classroom
- A Bee Friendly Company
- Investable Wealth
- NW Edible
- Primal Power
- Whole Systems Design
- Doom and Bloom
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
I wish it was my Friday.
Enjoy your (much-needed, well-earned) vacation, Jack!
Enjoy your vacation, Jack! You’ve earned it!
The Coonan (not Conan) 🙂 is a great running 1911 style pistol. I unfortunately haven’t been able to justify buying one (it is always at the top of my list though) but i have shot quite a few, some rentals that don’t get cleaned often and i have never seen a malfunction. It is a nice shooting pistol. Coonan also makes a compact .357 and standard .45acp or 10mm. And I’d spend the $ on that before ANY Kimber. Problem with the Coonan is they’re not 6″ and some states require a 6″ barrel for hunting.
If you want a nice 1911 for hunting or otherwise you should take a look at Dan Wesson. The 6″ Bruin comes in 45 or 10mm and it is a wonderful pistol (also at the top of my list – even above the Coonan).
A Bruin and a lever gun in 10mm would be a sweet hunting combo!
You could also check out mechtech (http://mechtechsys.com/), they have conversions for 1911, glock and others that convert your pistol receiver to a carbine in the same or a compatible caliber.
The best herbal diuretic I have found is sunflower leaf tea. Not as long lasting as perscription, but close in action to perscription.
Another possibility for a 1911 / lever gun combo is 45ACP. It’s being done for SASS Wild Bunch competition to allow the same ammo to be used in their 1911 and rifle. They run them fast and hard with tougher parts and short stroke kits installed. This guy converts `73s chambered for 45 Colt to 45 ACP for a quarter of the cost of Ranger Point (then again he cuts and re-chambers the existing barrel, rather than giving you a new Douglas one):
I’ve handled a couple of his rifles at State matches and they are smooth – almost confusingly smooth.
That is really cool, going to check into those.
After listening to the show, I went to order the battery chargers Steven recommended. Lo and behold, the Powerex (his fovorite one, which was nowhere to be found) was available on Amazon so I bought it. Just came in yesterday. I got the new ones he recommended as well. If you still want the one he has been recommending for a while, you can get it now. Good luck.