Episode-2583- The Expert Council Show for 1-17-20
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (20.7MB)
Today it’s time for the expert council show. To ask a question for a show like this, just send an email to me at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with “TSPC Expert” in the subject line.
Today on The Survival Podcast, the expert council answers questions on technology, farming, land management, muscle pain, lifestyle design, wildfire mitigation, hydroponics and more.
In the body of your email first tell me the council member your question is for. Second ask your question concisely in one to two sentences maximum. Third any and all details after that. This is the formula to give you the best chance of getting on the air.
I do what I can to get as many of your questions as possible on the air but can’t always get to all of them. Our council is made of a wide variety of experts in everything from the tactical to the practical and everything in between.
To get more information on our Expert Council visit our “Meet the Expert Council Page” to learn more about them and their specific areas of expertise.
Join Me Today As Our Experts Discuss…
- Quote of the day – “Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance” – Plato
- Migrating emails and search results filtering – Nicole Sauce
- Farming on larger acreage 40-100 acres – Darby Simpson
- Profitable production on steep slopes, worse yet north facing – Nick Ferguson
- Herbal options for muscle pain and spasms – Doc. Bones
- The conscious development of good habits – Gary Collins
- How to design fire proofing into a permaculture property – Geoff Lawton
- Is hydroponics good or bad for the environment, is it regenerative – Jack
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TspAz.com – support TSP when you shop on Online
- TSP Android App
- TSP iPhone App
- 7 Facts that Counter the Myth that Hydroponic Systems are Sterile
- Hydroponic vs. Conventional Lettuce Yields
- Water Usage in Hydroponic vs. Conventional Lettuce Yields
- Is Hydroponics Good or Bad for the Environment – Video of my Hydro Segment Today.
- TMZ – Weird Al
Websites of the Expert Council Members
- Home Made Wonderlust
- Affordable DC Generators
- Hack My Solar
- MT Knives
- Living Free in Tennessee
- A Bee Friendly Company
- Investable Wealth
- The Simple Life Now
- Whole Systems Design
- Doom and Bloom
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Jack has made the point that America’s biggest export is topsoil in this and other podcasts, does anyone have any references where this idea comes from
Nicole’s comments on email migration would work, it’s not how I would generally approach that situation. Yes, you should make a backup of your email and website before making any changes, just in case. Assuming you have the ability to make DNS record changes though, it’s unlikely anyone will receive a bounce message doing the below.
Backup your email, just in case.
Create the accounts at your new email host. Office 365 would be my choice, but that’s up to you.
Point MX records to new email host.
Once the TTL’s expire, email will start flowing to the new host.
As long you maintain access to the previous host for the next 24 – 48 hours, you should be able to retrieve any mail still delivered there. Now, and only now, should you cancel this service completely.