Today it is time for a relaxed and fun show, we are going to talk about one of my favorite things in the world to discuss and do, cooking. Cooking is a life skill that is frankly dying in America.
When I was in high school home economics was still a thing, mostly girls took it, or smart boys like I was who knew we would be surrounded by girls. Something happened in my generation though, most of us knew how to cook but we seem to have failed in passing it on to the millennial generation.
One of my goals at TSP is restoring skills to people, from changing a tire, to setting a trap to cooking. Cooking gives us so much if we embrace it. Cooking is not just a way to make food taste good, is science and history and culture all in one wonderful thing.
Join Me Today As I Discuss…
- Yes this is a survival skill
- You have to eat
- Your health is important
- You need money to go further that it does for most people
- Some new stuff going on in the Spirko Kitchen
- Such an awesome way to make tacos
- Sweet Potato Green and Orange
- Stir Fry Chicken (good for pork and shrimp as well)
- Jack’s Asian Chile, Fish and Shrimp Soup
- A “Roasted” Cucumber Salad – Sort Of
- Chipotle Mayo that is stupid simple to make
- Bad Ass Guacamole that Won’t Turn Black in one day
- Yes I provided recipes but master techniques, flavor combinations and be fearless
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 23
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- TspAz.com – Support TSP When You Shop Online
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- New Mexico Chili Peppers
- Ancho Chili Peppers
- La Costena Chipotle Peppers
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Lemon Grass Paste
- Ginger Paste
- Better than Bullion Fish Base
- Rice Wine
- Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler
- Document with All of Today’s Recipes
- Dirt Doctor’s Youtube Channel
- Think Good Thoughts – Colbie Caillat
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.