Episode-2483- Listener Calls for 8-1-19
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (18.4MB)
Today on The Survival Podcast, I take your calls on gardening, investing, garden pests, DIY hacks, plant propagation, crab grass, chickens, ticks and more.
Remember to be on a show like this one just pick up your phone and call 866-65-THINK.
The best way to improve your chances of being on the air is ask your question or make your point up front, then provide details. Also please do your best to call from a quiet area with a good connection and speak up so you can be well heard.
While I can’t put all calls on the air but I do my best to get as many of them on as I can.
Join Me Today As Our Experts Discuss…
- Call the JERK Line for Episode 2500 at 877-644-1345
- Quote of the Week – “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ~
- An update on my straw bale garden expirment
- ESAs vs Roth IRAs for educational savings
- Blister beetle control and the real struggle that it is
- Hacks to reduce refill expense on the Thermacell Mosquito Repeller
- Building a dedicated ebb and flow bed for plant propagation
- Dealing with crab grass in the garden
- How chickens help with tick control
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TspAz.com – support TSP when you shop on Online
- Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Biltong for Breakfast
- TSP Android App
- TSP iPhone App
- Song of the Day Playlist – 2015
- Song of the Day Playlist – 2016
- Song of the Day Playlist – 2017
- How to refill a Thermocell butane cartridge
- Recharging Thermocell Pads
- My Review of the Thermocell Repeller
- Country Roads on SongFacts
- Country Roads – John Denver
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
RE: Straw Bale Gardening
There is a family near my place that has done the straw bale gardening for years. It looks beautiful. I will stop by to meet them and get some photos and maybe tips. I live in Minnesota. Maybe our climate has something to do with their success.
Thanks for the comments on Chickens and ticks. I was trying to keep my call brief but we did consider Guinea Hens and my wife didn’t want them (tick reduction wasn’t the sole consideration). The chickens certainly aren’t the only measure we’re taking, but everything adds up. I will say, though, I took a tick off my daughter shortly after getting the chickens and put it near one of the hens. She went right for it and I let our a glorious cheer, haha. I know they may not get all the ticks but I’m sure they’ve made a dent.
It would be a crime to have a week devoted to John Denver songs, and NOT play “County Roads.” Good call, Jack! Interestingly, I listened to this episode last Friday while en route to OW (folks in West Virginia know what I”m talking about).