Episode-1739- Listener Calls for 2-25-15
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (26.8MB)
Today on The Survival Podcast I take your calls on government, dogs, economics, business, employment, the military, medicine, cover crops, herbs and more.
Remember to be on a show like this one just pick up your phone and call 866-65-THINK. The best way to improve your chances of being on the air is ask your question or make your point up front, then provide details.
Also please do your best to call from a quiet area with a good connection and speak up so you can be well heard.
While I can’t put all calls on the air but I do my best to get as many of them on as I can.
Join Me Today As I Respond to Your Calls and Discuss…
- How the government got away with flat our murder in Oregon
- Thoughts on dog tether legislation
- Oh like a pretty lady while I pull a rabbit out of my hat, the 100 dollar bill nonsense
- Making the transition from consultant to business owner
- How can you actually make money online with out falling for rip offs
- I say follow your passion Mike Rowe says don’t, here is why we are both right
- Thoughts on Bowe Bergdahl and desertion in the military
- Thoughts for getting started as a new grad in the medical field
- Using cover crops and over seeding for a disturbed soil
- Why the rosa rugosa is the honey badger or roses and why you should grow it
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1739
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Rosa Rugosa at Cold Stream Farm
- Medicinal Value of Roses
- The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger (for a laugh)
- Little Miss Magic – Jimmy Buffett
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.
Been working on a YouTube channel for a few months, I HIGHLY recommend “The art of photography” channel for learning video and photography, the host is based out of Dallas.
There is a podcast called “serial” that is taking a serious in depth look at the birgdahl case if the guy who asked that question is interested it’s season 2. It is a very very well produced show and does a pretty good job at being unbiased everyone should listen to it.
Kind of what drove the question I asked Jack. (Yes I am the sneaky sneaky caller.)
From what I can gather from listening to the Serial Podcast Jack probably hit the nail on the head on several points, without listening to the podcast.
1. You don’t leave you buddies in a combat zone. Full stop, do not continue.
2. He had some sort of mental defect at the time of his desertion (no one else in all the time of this seemingly endless war has done anything similar).
3. (something Jack did not comment on but I believe is true) The Army failed him in making sure he understood how the Army works and why and how it can be crappy at times.)
4. There should be a court martialed, but in my opinion he should be found guilty but with no real punishment. (he spent five years in the hands of the Taliban.) and he will never do it again and no one else will desert their post if they know this case.
Ditto. Highly recommend both Serial stories. The podcasts are thoughtful, engaging, professional and a bit addicting.
+1 for the Serial Podcast (Season 2)
Not being critical but everyone almost doggedly focuses on the very moment of Mr. Finicums death and that is most important. But if he had (foolishly) pulled a weapon I beleave it would have been justified self defence.
These ranchers have been under attack and intimidation by the government for a very long time. Our government is by and large scum and while it is not time to fight with arms, that unfortunate day most likely will come. Armed civil disobedience will come but not before many LaVoy Finicums have fallen.
Jack I love hearing about your business past and how you got to where you are. I am 27 and making good inroads into the IT industry. I have fallowed a tone of your advice and its gotten me quite far in very short time.
“Shitbag” is used in navy submarines too. My LPO used the term many, many times to describe another member of our division, to his face.
I never knew it was an army term too.
I think it is a UMT
Universal Military Term
It is. We use it aviation side Navy and on my joint deployments with Marines it is used rather eloquently.
As to the Bo Bergdall case. In his own words, from the Serial podcast, he left his post to cause a dust-one condition or man outside the wire to highlight incompetent command. Nobody in their right mind would do this.
Great show Jack. What are your thoughts on propagating rosa rugosa from seeds vs selected cultivars? I bought some red and pink rosa rugosa seeds and they are stratifying now.
If anyone needs microlife and is close to Montgomery County, TX we have it. Contact me through terramedics.org for info
Of course I will have some with me at the next TSP event I attend! It’s awesome stuff.
Go for it but when you can buy plants for 1 dollar or less each in quantity, it makes a lot of sense to do so, it propagates like mad from suckers too.
Was the product Jack talking about the MicroLife Ultimate 8-4-6 All Organic | Biological Fertilizer?
To Maden in Wisconsin who wants to use existing clients to build a personal side business:
Use discretion!!! I made the mistake of trying to open up with a vendor. I mentioned to her that I was building a side business. About a year later, she wasn’t happy because she thought that I was not spending enough money with her and talked to me about it. In a passive aggressive way, she said, “You know, I’ve never mentioned to anyone at your company that you have a small business on the side……”
I made sure that I did not spend another penny with her company after that. But I was lucky that I was able to do that. In a different position, I may not have been able to do that and she may have tried to go over me.
Jack, I haven’t built websites that made a whole lotta money, but I have built one that made a couple marriages.