Monday’s are usually a feed back type show but today is going to be like three mini shows. I am going to cover business concepts, mead making follow up stuff and give you a much needed political bullshit inoculation for the coming election season.
First on business I am going to cover a few definitions, and concepts, nothing super high level just a basic how to think about, plan and judge your efforts with any business.
On mead I have some things I see people posting with ciders and meads that can be pretty big mistakes, I want to warn you about, specifically a need for more patience on some things. I also have some new cool things to share, an update on meads of the week and some other cool stuff.
To wrap up I am going to cover a new story and one that will be all the rage (literally over the next few months), the death of Justice Scalia and how it is going to be used to entrench unconstitutional behavior. Why the election will be one big circus and even if you vote and want of o the clowns to win, why not paying attention to the show is your best hope for making 2016 a good year for yourself and your family.
Join Me Today For Three Topics…
- On Business…
- Why you have to do the math
- ARPU – yes this matters
- COGS – this is the most screwed up number in small business
- Burn Rate – you have to know this
- Three things you never say in a real business
- When things “pick up”
- The market is simply down for now
- We have no competition
- Four things that most people just don’t get
- Features tell and benefits sell
- Marketing is story telling
- Sales is belief transfer
- Never use words you have to explain to your market
- On Mead Making…
- Cool way to make a cheap glass 2.5 gallon fermenter
- If you are bottling something that is cloudy you are wrong
- Meyer lemons and honey make “mead chardonnay”
- Barrel aging with no barrel on the cheap
- Some really cool things about small batch
- Easy to cold crash
- Short time to bottle
- Easy to rack and move around
- Check out meads of the week on Youtube
- On Politics and Bullshit
- The democrats will now bitch about what they did in the past
- Both times it is wrong, and it may not even matter
- Why this election is going to be a disaster no matter who wins
- Things more useful to you than watching the ass clown circus
- Build a business
- Grow your own food
- Ramp up your preps
- Build your social and experiential capital
- Final quote of the day, – “Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own.” ~ Bruce Lee“
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1731
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- Small Batch Mead Episode – Follow Up Q&A From It
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- The Underground Meadery on Facebook
- Jerry’s Post on making a 2.5 Gallon Fermenter on the Cheap
- Dollar Store Container from Jerry to Make a Plastic Lid for the Above Fermenter
- Jar to Make Jerry’s Fermenter – CHEAPER AT WALMART like for id purposes only
- Chuck Schumer Called for Blocking All Bush Court Justices in 2007
- The Captain and the Kid – Jimmy Buffett
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24.