I have been asked a few times in the past weeks to do a “just Jack show” on business. I decided it was a good idea but I want to take a bit of a different tact this time. I try to be very motivational when it comes to this topic. The reason is I know that nothing gets a business, especially a small one driven by one person more than irrational exuberance. Normally irrational exuberance refers to investor activity but today I am defining it this way.
irrational exuberance – being so motivated that you ignore anything that would get in your way and just do shit anyway, until such time as you figure out what works for you.
Now look, I want to keep saying, “anyone can but not everyone will build a successful business”. I want to keep saying businesses, side hustles and even treating employment like a business is the best step a human can take to lifestyle freedom.
It is all true.
It is also not all sunshine and rainbows. It is not without risk and it requires serious sacrifice to succeed. I want to talk about that today, because honestly if you don’t get this part of it, you may be really setting yourself up for failure. Worse your failure will be a phantom of your imagination. One you allow to steal your success likely right before you attain it.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Why we should tell people it is hard, it’s the same reason I talk about “Keto flu”
- Why does irrational exuberance work so much better than just about anything else for small businesses
- There are many ways to succeed try enough and you will find one
- When you are really seeking success you grab every accomplishment no matter how small and make it a victory
- It is inevitable that you are pursuing a passion if you have irrational exuberance
- That hard side of irrational exuberance.
- Every little loss and failure cuts to the bone
- It leaves a lot of room for self doubt (because it all on you)
- It leaves a lot of room for concept/product/service doubt
- The things that kill off a potentially great business
- Equating action with “work”
- Thinking success will come if I just keep doing (things that are not working)
- It is always easier to take time off, give yourself a break, etc. then to power though
- Aiming too low
- Every business comes dow to some very basic things
- The ability to market – tell a story
- The ability to sell – transfer belief
- The ability to build and retain a customer base
- Selling either a product, a service or both
- Selling to a value of…
- Profit to the customer
- Life changing to the customer
- Educational to the customer
- All 3 is the golden trifecta of marketing and sales
- Selling to a value of…
- What would happen if building a business was easy
- Why you should rejoice that it is going to be hard
Sponsors of the Day
- Paul Wheaton’s Garden Master Kick Starter
- Canner – TspAz Item of the Day
- Get the Fold Card or You Hate Money – Learn Why Here
Video Version of this Podcast
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.