Join me today to discuss the fascinating paradoxes and contradictions that define our modern society in 2023, under the fitting title “Hindsight is Blind in 2023”. We’ll be diving into the concept of Gell-Mann Amnesia, as coined by Michael Crichton, which explores our collective tendency to trust media sources despite their proven inaccuracies. Alongside this, we’ll delve into Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s theory of stupidity, providing a lens through which we can examine the seemingly irrational decisions that shape our world.
Then, we’ll turn our attention to the state of education and health in our society. Despite escalating investment, our education system seems to be in a state of perpetual decline. Similarly, the standard American diet, despite its clear links to obesity, diabetes, and other health crises, continues to be recommended by health professionals. We’ll explore why, even with the benefit of hindsight, we seem unable to learn from our past mistakes in these critical areas.
As we move forward, we’ll also touch on the industrialization of our food, the failures of certain medical treatments, and the controversial outcomes of US military interventions. These are all areas where, despite clear evidence of problems, we seem stuck in a cycle of repeating our past errors. We’ll question why this is the case and explore potential ways to break these harmful cycles.
Finally, we’ll discuss the importance of personal accountability in navigating these complex issues. From creating your own education to deciding on your diet, from reducing your tax footprint to knowing the source of your food, we’ll explore how taking control of these aspects of your life can be a powerful tool for change. As we wrap up, we’ll leave you with some practical tips on how to become more self-reliant and resilient in the face of these societal challenges.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Three things we have covered before…
- Gell-Mann Amnesia from Michael Crichton
- The theory of stupidity from Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- We can only do this because we have been insulated from the pain feedback loop
- Why hindsight should be 20/20 but clearly is not
- Our education continues to degrade but we continue to spend more money on it with no real changes
- The standard American diet has created epidemics of obesity, diabetes, cancer, etc. Dr’s still recommend it
- Our food has been industrialized and still we keep eating it
- Medical treatments that have completely failed are still prescribed and still used by patients
- Every US military intervention since Korea has been a disaster but people still support intervention
- The media has been caught lying 1000s of time yet is still cited as a means of proving “the truth”
- People with college degrees don’t use them 68% of the time but the push into higher ed continues
- Giving government more money always makes the problem worse but we keep giving government more money
- Climate change dooms day in 10 years has been predicted for 40 years, still we believe it is just 10 years away, and real pollution continues unabated
- Disasters always result in shortages but most people have no emergency plan and no reserves of any supplies
- Fiat currency has devalued by 2-6% per year for about 100 years, people still consider it a store of value
- People constantly cite things as “factual” that can be 100% disproven in less than a minute with google
- Don’t expect this to change, as I said last week the only person you can “hold accountable” is yourself
- Create your own education
- Decide on your own diet
- Don’t encourage people to join the military (it hurts me to have to save this)
- Stop listening to the main stream media
- Use every tax strategy you can to reduce your tax foot print
- Know the source of your food and if you can grow some of your own
- Build something in our life, a business, a mentorship program, something
- Set up systems to reduce your personal pollution foot print
- Stack bitcoin, save in gold/silver, invest in land, tools, skills, etc. in real value assets
- Be a prepper, have reserves, a plan, save your money
- Final Thoughts
Resources for today’s show…
- My Nostr Pub Key – npub15879mltlln6k8jy32k6xvagmtqx3zhsndchcey8gjyectwldk88sq5kv0n
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- Shawn Mills’s Solar Water Pumping Kickstarter
- Solar DIY Workshop from Live Free Academy
- Get the Fold Card – Stop Hating Money
- Stainless Steel Insulated French Press by Secura – Item of the Day
- Find all My Product Recommendations at TspAz.com
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.