It has often been claimed that libertarians are the group that “flocks to crypto and bitcoin”. In the beginning I’d say that was true, but it has not really been the case in recent history. It may same that way, but it is more that crypto seems to move people toward libertarianism.
We are now at a point where more than 20% of Americans own some crypto. If it was only libertarians who did so, I think the government would look different, don’t you? On top of that more than 44% of Americans who own crypto are millennials, defined as being born between 1981-1996. That is not exactly the sweet spot for libertarian thinking now is it? That demographic seems far more generation woke, then generation libertarian.
It may some day be a very libertarian generation though, as crypto and bitcoin in particular draw people to think in a more libertarian manner. It makes sense too, because libertarianism really rests on two primary foundations. The first is a moral position that taking from others by force is wrong. The second is pure economic literacy. It is pretty hard to actually understand money and not also understand the rights of individuals to their property. Either pillar swiftly leads one to the other.
No, at this point I would say that bitcoin and crypto are more creating libertarian thinking than drawing in libertarians. I would say younger existing libertarians mostly jumped on board with bitcoin long ago and older libertarians followed Peter Schiff in clinging to gold like some modern day version of Golum, chanting “my precious”.
I started thinking about this during my recent vacation. Sitting on a beach and not catching many fish gives a man a lot of time to think. In doing so I came up with 12 things I feel that bitcoin and crypto are making people aware of, many for the first time.
I will also point out, that this is not an all or nothing nor and all at once list. These things come over time, in no real particular order for folks. But I feel most of them do come in time and may forever alter the mindset of the average person, particularly those under 50. And for once in a great while, it seems such change really might be for the better. The key here is Bitcoin is not why these things are true, they were always true and always have been so. This is a revealing, not creation story we are telling today.
Join Me Today to Discuss these 12 Concepts Made Evident by Bitcoin and Crypto Currencies
- The true evil of engineered inflation
- The dishonesty of the so called “free market”
- The advantages of the “elite” on cost of money and access to investment
- The need for honest savings
- The real cancer of consumer debt
- The tyranny of national debt
- The futility and stupidity of following “the rules”
- The true centers of power
- The real power of hard money
- The illegitimacy of the state
- Supporting the dollar is not patriotic
- How the wealthy use debt to never pay taxes
- The value of privacy and security and how they are different
- The need for the “separation of industry and state”
- The ethics of multi generational thinking
- Control of your legacy after your death
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on Flote
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- Buy Crypto Safe and Easy on CoinBase
- My Favorite NoKYC Cryto Exchange CoinEx
- Avid Armor Vacuum Sealer Bags – Item of the Day
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.