Today Dr. Ken Berry and I will help you discover different ways you can improve what you eat from very moderate restrictions to full on carnivore and a lot of in between options and some “kickers” that can be used with any dietary regiment.
If you think this is going to be a “go keto or die” episode you’d be wrong. About 5 years ago I took my health back and yes keto is how I did it. That doesn’t make it your only choice. The reality is while I do believe that eating mostly carnivore with a bit of veg is exactly what Dr. Ken Berry calls it, “the proper human diet” it is not the only diet I feel people can thrive on.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- How I am using the term diet in this episode
- Diet – habitual nourishment consumed as a regular matter of living for any living organism
- Let’s be honest genetics do play a role in how people respond to different foods
- Body weight is not the only measurement of health (good and bad) but it is an important one
- Growth in Chronic Disease & Indicators since 1970
- 11.6% of Americans have been diagnosed as type 2 diabetics (90 million plus estimated have pre diabetes)
- Almost 1 million Americans have end stage renal disease
- The U.S. dialysis centers market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.29% in dollar value from 2023 to 2030 and will be a 40 billion dollar market by 2030.
- The obesity rate in 1970 was about 15% today it is 42%
- Global seed oils have grown in production by about 200 million metric tons since 1970
- All the diets that really improve health do have some commonalities
- Involve whole foods
- Reduce or totally remove seed oils
- Have some form of portion controls (including eat all you want carnivore)
- Reduce or eliminate artificial flavors, addictive additives, concentrated flavorings, etc.
- Diet One – No seed oils, no high fructose corn syrup, no dyes, no artificial additives limited to three meals and one snack
- Diet Two – Same as diet one, reduce total carbs to less than 100 carbs a day (this is still a lot of volume) and strive to eat food that is organic, grass fed, grown locally, etc.
- Diet Three – Same as diet two except reduce total carbs to 50-75 grams total a day
- Diet Four – True keto 20-25 total carbs, everything else is the same, net carbs with whole food only are okay, get 60-80% of calories from high quality fats
- Diet Five – Ketovore, almost carnivore, herbs are okay, small amounts of greens and berries from time to time, etc. but the primary diet is all animal foods, most meals are carnivore
- Diet Six – Full carnivore, all food comes from something that had a face and nothing else, “beef, bacon, butter and eggs”
- Kickers you can Add to Any DIet
- No snacking
- TMAD or OMAD
- An eating window of 8 hours or less (intermittent fasting 16h or more a day)
- Eliminate or reduce to once a week alcohol
- Fasting 1- 4 days (I’ve never done more than 24 hours, you don’t have to do everytihng)
- Exercise – everyone should do this, mental as much as physical gains occur
- Meditation – doesn’t have to mean contemplation of your naval
- Thoughts on being “flexible”
- Falling back to the lower level a time or two is no big deal in my view
- Watch your weight, how your clothes fit and how you feel (inflammation)
- Have your labs done and confer with a doctor who isn’t an establishment idiot
- If you start eating cake and gunk every time you are at a “special thing” you’re an alcoholic hanging out in a bar, limit what is “special”
- Final thoughts – Do something, our national health is in decline, medical care is mostly unaffordable and quality is going to hell in a hand basket. Don’t just survive, have the courage to thrive
Video Version of this Podcast
Resources for today’s show…
- Find Me on Nostr
- Article Explaining the GrowNostr Initiative
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- Join the MSB Here
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- Ridge Wallet – Awesome EDC Gear that Looks and Works Great
- JM Bullion – Stack Silver with Great Pricing and Free Shipping
- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day – Item of the Day
Ken’s Books and Other Mentioned Resources
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.