Today we are going to do a back to basics show. Simple stuff that we all need reminding about day to day in order to stay sharp. This is also the exact type of information to give to people new to prepping, especially the totally unprepared that “don’t get it”. We all have fiends like that right?
This show is also great for the totally freaked out that are in panic mode. The people who have been listening to too much Alex Jones and are worried that they are going to be tossed into a FEMA Camp soon, I mean even though nothing happened, Jade Helm was a test run for martial law.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- The threat probability matrix
- The disaster impact scale
- The inverse ratio of impact and probability
- Your 6 survival needs
- Journal your consumption
- Eat what you store, store what you eat
- Just get to 2 weeks, do it again, do that again = 60 days
- Become a producer
- Soda bottles, Arizona Tea bottles etc
- Frozen water serves two purposes
- Learn to make water safe to drink (filter, boil, etc.)
- Consider rain catchment or locate local sources
- A place to go that you can count on
- A well thought out evacuation plan
- Tarps, tools, etc. to stay home if possible
- Get a good portable shelter and hope it is only for camping
- Develop op sec and situational awareness
- Consider being armed
- Avoid the three S’s – Stupid Places, Things, People
- Accept both the good and bad realities about security
- Build a black out kit include rechargeable batteries
- Get a inverter, extension cord and splitters
- Generator or battery bank
- Store Fuel – 12 can rotation over time
- Health and Sanitation
- Have a way to dispose of or deal with waste
- Keep a good medical kit on hand at all times
- Develop disaster time procedures and protocols
- Learn the most basic use of herbs and essential oils
- You just keep going from there
- The other basics
- Cash – carry cash, have cash at home as well
- Insurance – keep it updated
- Bank Accounts – have two
- Documentation – build “the pack”
- Communications – weather radio/battery radio and TV antenna
- Cell Phone – battery packs
- 72 Hour Kit – skip the tactical shit, at first
- Final thought, if you won’t help yourself, why would anyone else
Bob Wells Plant of the Week – FUYU PERSIMMON – The Fuyu Persimmon tree is highly adaptable from zone 6 to zone 10.
This persimmon has medium size, flat shape, still crunchy when ripe, non-astringent. Cool or hot climate. Hardy, attractive tree that is practically pest free. It ripens in the fall and is self-fruitful.
Find this plant and more at BobWellsNursery.com. Bob specializes in edible landscape, including: Fruit Trees, Berry Plants, Nut Trees, as well as the hard to find Specialty Fruit Trees.
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- The Year 1654
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- TSP Gear
- The Berkey Guy – (sponsor of the day)
- Western Botanicals – (sponsor of the day)
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Also remember we have an expert council you can address your calls to. If you do this you should email me right after your call at jack at thesurvivalpodcast.com with expert council call in the subject line. In the body of your email tell me that you just called in a question for the council and what number you called in from. I will then give the call priority when I screen calls.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.