Note – A commercial free version of this episode and part one will both be released later this week for sharing. I may also put them on Youtube for the same purpose.
We just had one hell of a hurricane in the Carolinas and the problems there are far from over. Storm season is still upon us and there will likely be at least one more major storm impact this year.
Next up, well winter is on the way, blizzards and ice storms are soon to follow. Next thing you know it will be spring, time for mudslides, tornadoes and other “fun stuff”. Then back to summer, forest fires, more storms and it just goes on.
If you think about it we don’t have a disaster season, we have seasons with disasters that are more common during them, and even that rule gets broken. You don’t think of winter and tornadoes but in 2015 in the three days following Christmas we had the December 2015 North American storm complex. In three days we had a total of 32 tornadoes confirmed, 60 people died and hundreds of homes were destroyed.
To be blunt, shit happens! And depending on the size of the shit, you are going to be your own first responder for hours, days or at times even weeks. As I say in Spirko’s 7th Law of Life. “Preparedness for hard times, is nothing more than being a responsible adult.”
Today we continue with Part Two and focus on Logistics, Communications and Documentation. Part one can be found here.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- If you haven’t listed to part one, do so before listening to this episode
- Today we focus more on planning than on stuff, though there is some stuff
- Logistics – the detailed coordination of a complex operation
- Who is in charge – chain of command
- What goes, what stays
- Plans for bugging in and out – (people often do one due to a lack of plans for the other)
- When protocols are implemented and what they are
- Increased security
- All hands on deck
- Time to bug out
- Power outage (winter vs. summer)
- Pet needs
- Critical Sytems
- The keys
- Practiced protocols work
- Reviewed protocols are not scary
- How shit works – can you do it under stress, write it down
- Costs almost nothing, yet is priceless
- Evacuation routes and meeting places (Rule X3)
- Contact info
- Friends and Family
- Service Providers
- Data packs should be printed and uniform
- Also in soft copy
- List of items to take with you if you bug out
- For more listen to episode 1224
- The Bug Out Bag
- If you can walk you can carry one, everyone gets one
- 3 Days of relative comfort, not a 3 day vacation in Mexico
- It must live where you are or it is useless
- Cell phones are your best tool for everything
- Use Zello – set up a family channel or possibly a group channel
- If you are a HAM great, if not, what I say about it won’t matter
- Back up cell phone power, vehicle charges, etc
- FM/AM radio, with batteries and ear piece
- TV – at home definitely, on the road may be, have an antenna
- No these two episodes are not everything, but they will lead you to everything you need
Resources for today’s show…
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- The Granddaddy’s Gun Club
- Bullhead Fishing Forum – A new little site I started
- Biltong for Breakfast
- ItsAJackLife on Instagram
- Off of Wonderland – Jackson Brown
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.