Judy Arnall, BA, CCFE, DTM is a certified brain and child development specialist and master of non-punitive parenting and education practices. She is the bestselling author of 5 print books, including Unschooling To University, and is current President of Unschooling Canada Association. Her five children self-directed their education and 3 are currently university graduates.
She joins us today to discuss homeschooling as an unschooler and answers these and other questions…
- What is self-directed education/unschooling
- Can kids learn without school and homeschool
- What about university or college
- Isn’t unschooling giving kids too much control
- What if they play video games all day
- What about gaps aren’t some things that every kid needs to know
- What is needed to unschool successfully
- Is this the future of education
- How does brain development fit with unschooling
- What are the benefits of this education methodology
Resources for today’s show…
- Follow Life With Jack on Instagram
- Parley with Me – It’s Pretty Awesome Really
- TSP Facebook Group
- Join the Members Brigade
- Join Our Forum
- Walking To Freedom
- We Just Disagree – Dave Mason
Sponsors of the Day
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon. Also please enter our listener appreciation contest and help spread the word about our show. Also remember you can call in your questions and comments to 866-65-THINK (866-658-4465) and you might hear yourself on the air.
Want Every Episode of TSP Ever Produced?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 40 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.