Anton van Vuuren was involved in various technology roles which brought him to the USA in 2015. After meeting his wife, at her behest, he opened a restaurant serving South African foods. Then in 2020 Covid caused mass shutdowns and Anton and his family had to diversify what the restaurant did in order to make ends meet. They expanded on many fronts but Biltong manufacturing was one of the key elements that helped them survive though 2020 as a business.
Today Anton joins me to discuss making traditional South African biltong. We also discuss how Anton used this niche product to build a thriving business. Biltong it is not just delicious it is a shelf stable source of protein and fat that belongs in any prepper pantry, if you can manage to keep it around long enough without eating it all first.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- What is biltong
- Where did the original biltong come from
- How is biltong made
- What meats can you make biltong with
- What do you use to dry biltong
- How long does it take to cure biltong
- What is the best way to prep biltong for eating
- How do you store biltong
- How did covid shutdowns impact Anton’s business
- How did they come up with the idea to start making biltong at that time
- What has moving into a business that you can sell online taught Anton
- What are Anton’s primary marketing and advertising channels
Resources for today’s show…
- Find Me on Nostr
- Follow Me on Tik-Tok
- Article Explaining the GrowNostr Initiative
- Join the Members Brigade
- TSPC on Discord
- TSPC Group on Telegram (group chat)
- TSPC Telegram Channel (just messages from me)
- Jack on MeWe
- Join Me on Odysee
- All My Recommend Bitcoin Tools and Resources
Sponsors of the Day
- Join the MSB Here
- Above Phone
- Redneck Hippy Duck Farmer T-Shirts at TspSwag.com
- Knipex Cobra Pliers – Item of the Day
- Anton’s Meat and Eat
- Anton’s Land of Biltong
- Facebook for Meat and Eat
- Facebook for Land of Biltong
- Instagram for Meat and Eat
- Instagram for Land of Biltong
Video Version of Today’s Show
Remember to comment, chime in and tell us your thoughts, this podcast is one man’s opinion, not a lecture or sermon.
Want all the Early TSP Episodes?
Remember in addition to discounts to over 80 vendors who supply stuff you are likely buying anyway, tons of free ebooks and video content, MSB Members also get every edition of The Survival Podcast ever produced in convenient zip files in blocks of 24. More info on the MSB can be found here.